On Display || Chapter 24

'Tears always appear when not wanted.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     Another boring month passed and I was still the same trash student. My hair was now purple and I've honestly enjoyed this month. Mr.Grey had finally given up on bothering to correct my nasty behavior and attitude and just let me be when I was in his class. My other teachers had long given up on even addressing me. I was invisible in most of my class which helped me sleep better.

     I was currently in class, me and Delilah were talking as Mr.Grey ranted on about Hamlet or whatever he was talking about.

"MS.VALENTINE AND COMPANY!" He shouted as he slammed a book on his desk bringing our attention back to him.

"Tell me, what's the last thing I said?"

"If you had to shout like that to get our attention what's the point of even thinking we were paying attention sir?" I spoke raising a brow with my voice laced in annoyance.

"Out Ms.Valentine." He pointed towards the door and I groaned getting my bag and heading for the door.

"Stay by the door until I'm finished." Great. Fucking prick.

     I stood there the whole period bored out of my fucking mind just waiting for the idiot. Class ended and everyone went to their classes yet I was still standing here. It was like fucking dejavú. He finally decided to make an appearance the fucking idiot.

"Ms.Valentine." Yeah no I've been here before.

"Why are you so adamant on trying to kill me from stress? Why are you just always pissing me off?" I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"If anyone should be mad here it's me, you had me standing here the whole period and now it's been 20 minutes since my second class started." I said angrily crossing my arms.

"If I could str—" he rubbed his temple calming down. Was he going to say strangle?

"You are literally my worst student along with all the other professors Ms.Valentine. Your group of friends might be trouble but they at least have the decency to actually try in school, as for you your grades are worst than gambling and lottery numbers." He eyed me with a hint of disapproval which I wasn't unfamiliar with.

Did he just say gambling and lottery number?!

"I'm going to be frank with you and cut this short since I don't have the energy to deal with stupidity." Did he just call me stupid?

"You have a zero in my class, and I wouldn't care but I want to see all my students do something with their lives once they leave here."

"Who said I cared?" I rolled my eyes to which he didn't seem fazed by.

"Ms.Valentine do you honestly think this attitude is going to get you somewhere? Skipping class, not caring, acting a fool? Do you really think being a dumb girl is going to get you anywhere? It won't, it'll just lead to you working a few low income jobs to make ends meet once you leave here; if you even leave here. You do know you go straight to jail if you fail right?" Idiot.

"Back to keeping this short I suggest you follow you friends, they might act like they don't care but they actually try and get good grades, you on the other hand are a disgrace. If you want to keep acting a fool and being stupid like you don't care then that's fine by me, just don't come to my class in general because I don't have the time to deal with your nonsense. If you in fact want to change your life and do better then I'll be in my office during lunch, you can drop by and we'll discuss how to fix your grades." I was staring at the floor blinking away tears that threatened to leave my eyes. Was he even allowed to speak to me like that?