The Event || Chapter 30

'Be happy:)' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     I wore a red silk dress with a low back and droopy neckline. It had spaghetti straps and a decent length slip. The gown flowed a little lower than my knees. My hair was in an updo with two soft curls framing my face. Sofi had lent me a pair of black YSL heels she had.

     Sofi had on a light pink cupcake style dress with some white lace up heels, Elena wore 'Embellished Bandeau Cowl Neck Maxi Dress in Black' with black heels and Delilah wore 'Embellished Bandeau Cowl Neck Maxi Dress in Ivory' with silver heels. The guys just wore traditional basic suits.

     As we walked down the stairs with our heels sounding against the floor I looked around and saw lots of eyes on us. Once at the bottom of the staircase and a glass of champagne in my hand I stood near a table in the far corner and took in the classical live music and the high class suckers in their expensive attire. Some guy started walking my way and inwardly gag not wanting to speak with these asses.

"You look rather pretty tonight, what's your name?" Pretty? Ew ew ew!

"It's Kate." I said with a small smile.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He said with a smirk as he took my hand and kissed my knuckles. Ew ew ew!!! I pulled my hand back slowly and gave him an awkward smile.

"Right....thanks." I spoke awkwardly.

"I haven't seen you before, who are your parents?"

"Oh will you look at that." I said glancing at the time on my invisible watch on my wrist.

"I should get going." I walked off not letting him speak. God I hate men.

I placed my glass down on some random table and made my way to the patio to breathe in some fresh air. I felt like I was suffocating in that damn place.

"I li—"

"Fuck!" I shouted before placing my hand on my heart trying to catch my breath.

"Oh god I'm so sorry!" The guy said with a chuckle. He threw his cigarette on the floor and stomped on it.

"I like your hair." He said with a cute smile. I took in his feature and he had brown hair, fair yet tanned skin, pretty lips, and light blue eyes.

"Thanks, are you even old enough to be smoking?" I asked crossing my arms and eying him. He had such a boyish face.

"I'm 24 love."

"I'm going to need to see some ID because you don't look any older than 5." I said with a smile. He laughed shaking his head stepping up to me.

"Are you the feds?" He asked with a smirk. His hands were in his dress pants and his head was tilted slightly. Fuck he's gorgeous.

"Far from it." I said with a short laugh.

"I like your laugh love." He said as he smiled.

"Is that your best line?" I asked raising a brow to which he laughed. Cute laugh.

"I would take you to the movies but they don't allow snacks love." I laughed at his corny line and he did as well.

"Fucking hell that's so corny!" I said after my laughter had died down.

"Handsome and funny I see." I added eyeing him.

"You think I'm handsome?" He teased with a smirk.

"Maybe a little." I shrugged and glanced inside noticing Elena and Eric were looking around. My phone chimed and I glanced at it seeing they needed me.