Out of Slump || Chapter 113

'Hi.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

It's been rough. Though I've had one heck of a support team to get out of my trance it's still been tough. The first week that had passed consisted of me randomly crying, a numb feeling that consumed me, staying in bed no matter how many times I wanted to get up, rarely eating, my phone not shutting up, and of course Luca holding me tightly throughout everything. I deeply hated how it was always me falling onto him for emotional support yet I never got to support him.

Flashback Begins

The faint voice of Luca rung in my ears but nothing really got comprehended by my brain; everything around me was just happening. Lucas familiar cologne roped me in but I couldn't do anything. My crying wouldn't stop no matter how hard I tried to control myself. Luca held me tightly as he spoke words but they didn't register in my mind...maybe an apology? I wasn't sure.

After so many tears being shed I was once again forced to relive the events that happened when I was describing it to the police. Throughout this whole thing Luca held me in a tight hug. After they left Luca led me upstairs and showered me before placing whatever clothes on me and laying me in bed. On the way up here I saw Estrella apologizing with tears in her eyes which made me want to tell her it wasn't her fault but I couldn't talk, I couldn't form any sentences in my mind after reliving everything over as I explained.

I recall seeing Luca giving her a kiss on the forehead and telling her to give me a little time. Lorenzo looked pained as he hugged her and watched us walk up the stairs. I hated being such a burden to everyone around me. Even as Luca showered me I saw tears streak on his cheeks and his glossy eyes...he cried?

As I laid in bed Luca hugged me from behind and kept telling me how sorry he was, I felt his tears touch my skin and though I once again wanted to tell him it wasn't his fault and that I was okay I couldn't. I wasn't okay, though it wasn't his fault I just found myself curling up and staring into space.

Flashback End

"What's the plan?" I asked as Luca and I ate breakfast.

"I was thinking maybe we could spend the day at the beach, maybe a picnic in the park nearby?" A smile formed in my lips as I nodded.

"Absolutely." My smile happily stayed on my lips as we went on about our day.

Flashback Begins

"Do you want to try getting out of bed today?" Luca was stooped down to my level next to our bed.

     My eyes became teary as I shook my head. My understanding boyfriend just gave me a warm smile with the eyes to match as he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and nodded.

"It's okay." When he walked away and exited the room I closed my eyes and felt my tears stream down my cheek as I silently cried.

     I was so traumatized but what hurt the most was that distant look of pain in Lucas eyes. The way he tried to put on a brave face but I knew he was hurting just as much as me. The hate I felt towards myself for putting him through so much was killing me. He deserved just as much support as he's been giving me but I didn't have the courage to even open my eyes day to day anymore.