Graduation || Chapter 93

'We all love accomplishing something we never thought we could.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Third-Person POV:

     In the blink of an eye Lyla found herself in her cap and gown sitting on stage amongst one other student and a few sponsors for the school. Her eyes searched the crowed for Luca and the moment she spotted him the brightest smile formed on her lips. She honestly couldn't of been happier that after today they could publicly be together and no consequences will follow. As Mr.Abraham spoke and gave his gratitude to the graduating students her eyes would drift off to her friends that were in the crowd.

     After today they were going to be out in the world to figure it out. Her excitement really couldn't be contain. Lyla wasn't much of a smiler but in that moment she couldn't rub off the smile that played at her lips. Her mind went back to when they all saw their names on the graduating class list and they all went nuts. Her mind took her back to the beginning of the school year and how it gradually became even better with the passing months.

     One moment she was getting force to come to a school for fuck ups like herself and now she has friends that are like family as if she's known them forever, she has Luca the most amazing man she could of ever been blessed with, and she also had her future ahead of her which was something she never wanted to think about.

"...and now let's hear some words from our valedictorian, Ms.Valentine." The moment he mentioned her name the group got on their feet and cheered her on though they were instructed not to prior to the ceremony.

"Fuck yeah bitch!" Eric shouted making the whole graduating class laugh.

     Lyla let out a laugh as well as she made her way to the podium. Luca wanted to cheer for her at the top of his lungs but he knew that she knew he was rooting for her all the way since day one. Lyla cleared her throat away from the mic before smiling brightly looking at her friends in the crowd.

"I'm happy...and that's rare for me..." the whole class let out a soft laugh and so did she.

"Honestly I didn't prepare a speech and chose to just freely talk like I always do. I never thought I'd be here honestly. Looking back on my life so far, I was always in trouble and never cared, but from the moment I came here I was welcomed by a curly dark hair blue eyed Barbie and a ginger colored hair girl that wears glasses and has chubby cheeks." Sofi and Elena found themselves laughing lowly with a huge smile on their lips at her words as Lyla softly and shortly laughed looking at them.

"After that everything sort of just happened. Before I knew it I was a part of a group. I became a family with these kids and I honestly wouldn't change anything." The group smiled happily at her words.

"School was honestly rough especially for Mr.Abraham since he saw me like everyday." She looked back at him and he wore a sour look thinking back on the memories.

"I was honestly never one to care until a great teacher took it upon himself to encourage me to do better, and for that I thank him." She looked at him and Luca was fighting back a blush and smile. He didn't win that battle though making her smile as she discreetly played with the ring he gave her.

"Mr.Grey has been an inspiration for everyone in this room and I'm thankful that I got to have such amazing support from one of my teachers. I also want to thank Ms.Ortega for giving me 'advice' on what men don't want..which was basically me." Lyla smirked when she saw all eyes turn to Ms.Ortega disapprovingly. The teacher uncomfortably shifted in her seat and the group along with Luca fought to bite back a smile.

"All I want to say is I hope everyone enjoyed their time here but it's time we take responsibility and accountability for our actions. Don't let life drag you back to who you were, and don't let past mistakes define who you are. When they expect you to fail show them who's boss and overachieve. Fuck-sorry." She said quickly looking back at Mr.Abraham who looked like he didn't expect anything different from her. The class laughed lowly at her trying to control her mouth.