Engagement || Chapter 114

'Love it so far?' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     We are now down to my last few days and the thought of leaving Luca was breaking my heart. Though we spent every waking minute together making memories for the future I didn't want to leave him. Every time I wasn't near Luca I was literally a hot mess. I wouldn't of gotten through so many things without him.

     Currently Luca and I were laying in bed after a long day of fun activities just staring into each others eyes. The happy smile I had on my face couldn't be wiped off until I noticed Luca fighting back to hold something.

"What's on your mind?" I asked as I combed my hand through his hair.

"Lyla...I want to..." the room was silent as I patiently waited for him to say what was on his mind. Luca seemed to be biting the inside of his cheek so I decided to push.

"You want to what?" Curiously I asked.

"I want to marry you."  My mouth went agape and Luca seemed as if he was regretting the words he spoke.

"I..." I tried to form words but nothing came out.

"Look I..I don't want to rush you into anything since if you want to experience the world and college life single I'm okay with that..I just..." he sighed before sitting up and I followed.

"I just know I won't find anyone I love as much as I love you..." he turned and pulled out a small black velvet box making my eyes go from him to the box slightly panicked but also excited.

"I do want us to wait a good bit before getting married since I do want to give you time to grow into your own person and also focus on your studies instead of planning a wedding..we can have a long engagement and if down the road you don't feel like this is what you want then I'll be okay with it....I just really want you to know I'm all in." he kissed me passionately and when we pulled away I felt breathless. Luca opened the box and as my eyes went to it I softly gasped at the beautiful ring inside.

"Luca..." my eyes met his and he smiled seeing me on the verge of tears.

Taking it out of the box he opened the night stand drawer once again and pulled out another box but this one had a necklace chain. Luca placed an end of the necklace chain through the ring hole and basically made it like a pendant.

"May I?" I nodded eagerly with a huge smile turning around.

Lifting my hair my eyes watched the necklace placed on my neck. Turning around after he clasped it on I smiled happily with tears in my eyes.

"I'll marry you Luca.." I basically jumped him and kissed him straddling him as I basically cried happy tears.

"Can't believe I'm a fiancé." I said with a huge smile.

I might be young but I knew Luca was the only man for me. He's been there for me throughout so much, he's proven time and time again he'll be there for me, he's proven he was my person many times which led me to know this was the right move. In my gut I knew I wanted this.

"Now I'm sad I leave in a few days.." I frowned and I could see the pain in his eyes.

"We'll make it work." Luca tucked some of my hair behind my ear as I nodded and smiled kissing him.

"I love you Luca." I frowned saying those words.

"You say it like it's a bad thing.." he smiled and I did as well.