Chapter 2

The Tenant (Rough Guy H)" 2. Looking at the room

She slowed down immediately, bypassing the man standing outside the threshold and walking sideways behind her mother.
"What's the matter?"
"Take someone to see the room in the back building. I still have vegetables in the pot."
"Ah?!"
He Lu opened her mouth and was dumbfounded.
"What are you?" Mother He frowned.
In fact, just as He Lu said the words, she realized that there was something wrong with her words.
Because it's normal for her to show guests the room, so she was surprised.
But she didn't know what was wrong with herself, her body and heart were sending out a signal of alertness, that is, there was a feeling that the man in front of her was very dangerous...
Mama He, who turned off the fire after half of the cooking and came out to greet the guests, was even more terrified. Speechless.
"Then you go to cook, I'll take someone to see it."
"Uh..."
He Lu glanced at the man slightly, and saw that the man was also looking at her, and his eyes seemed to be full of leisure, and she was a little embarrassed.
"I'll get the key." He Lu said, and ran into the main hall.
She walked quickly to the back of the counter, and just as she put her schoolbag on the armchair, she heard her mother say sorry with an awkward smile.
The man didn't speak, just laughed lowly, feeling very indifferent.
He Lu felt even more embarrassed when she thought of how she had reacted so strongly just now, and still looked very reluctant.
She opened the drawer, took out the key, walked around the counter with her head down, walked to the door, and pointed behind the man.
"Go over there from the back building." Her voice was a little stiff.
The man's eyebrows were slightly raised, and he turned his head to look behind him. He Lu stepped out of the threshold, walked around the man and walked forward.
He Lu's B&B is composed of two small two-story buildings, one in front and one in the back. There is a small rectangular yard between the two buildings, and the two buildings are surrounded by high walls.
Generally, when people come, they like to live in the back building. Not only is it clean, it is a small courtyard when they go out, and the private space is also better.
He Lu walked a few steps before footsteps could be heard behind her. Knowing that the man was following, she bowed her head and walked on her own.
Cheng Yaokun naturally saw that the little girl leading the way was afraid of him, but he didn't care too much, and just kept a three-step distance from the girl.
Turning the corner and widening his vision, Cheng Yaokun glanced at the small pool and rockery in the middle of the small courtyard, and the rectangular pavilion built with logs next to him, and was very satisfied with the environment here.
"You guys did a good job."
With a low and hoarse voice, He Lu felt her skin swish like an electric shock, and the hairs on the back of her neck and arms stood up one by one.
"Uh... still, okay." He Lu replied in a low voice, standing still in front of the small building, not daring to look at the man, she lowered her eyes and said, "Well, there is no one now, and the rooms are empty. Do you want to live here?" Upstairs or downstairs."
"Downstairs." Cheng Yaokun was straightforward, passed He Lu, and walked to the door of the room on the left, "Look at this one."
He Lu quickly picked up the big bunch of keys in his hand and walked to the door.
Cheng Yaokun was standing in front of the door. As soon as she passed by, the distance between the two of them shortened instantly, and the invisible oppression came up again.
She lowered her head, rummaged through to find the key of B03 to open the door, but her hands trembled, the key failed to fit into the keyhole after inserting it twice...Suddenly there was a faint
sigh from the top of her head beside her, He Lu His face became hot after a brush, and the base of his ears felt hot.
Seeing that He Lu's originally white and clean ears instantly turned red, Cheng Yaokun's eyes flashed with interest, and he turned sideways to look at the benches and long tables in the wooden shed, not wanting to put too much pressure on her.