Chapter- 61

I watched as they drove away from me. Leaving me behind in a cloud of dust. I don't know what they were thinking but there was no way I was being left behind. I knew where they were going. I also knew the trail that I would have to take to get there. If I ran I could get there before they did. Knowing that they had to take the long way around to get there in the car. I took in my surroundings and took off running in the same path that I ran just that morning with David.

I ran through the woods not stopping. Knowing I had to get there before they did or they would make me leave. My heart was racing, my breath was heavy but I loved the burning feeling that filled my lungs.

When I got to look out point I came to a fast stop. I almost fell over. I looked around and smiled when I saw I did get there before they did.

I looked around and did not see anyone. I was starting to wonder if they were wrong. If I ran all the way here for no reason. I was about to leave when I felt something sharp at my throat. I looked down to see that it was a set of claws that were pressed against my neck.

"Who are you?" A female voice came from behind me.

"My name is Thana Tomes." I answered her.

She spun me around and started to look me over. I looked back at the older Asian lady who was looking me up and down.

"You're alive?" She asked me confused as she pulled me in to a hug.

I stood there stiff and confused until she let me go.

"Do I know you?" I asked her in confusion.

"You did a long time ago." She said to me. "My name is Satomi and I was friends with your mom." She said to me.

"You knew my mom?" I asked her shocked.

NO one was ever willing to talk about my mom but her she was bringing it up so freely.

"You really don't remember me? I searched for your family for years after they went missing. I assumed you were all dead." She said to me.

"Don't feel bad I don't remember anything before I was ten." I told her.

"Then why are you here?" She asked me.

"We were looking for you." I told her.

"We?" She asked as she looked around and did not see anyone else.

As she asked a bunch of people who I assume where her pack stepped out from the woods.

There were a lot of them. Her pack was a lot bigger then Scotts. Something was wrong with them. They all looked sick. There veins where black, and they all looked like they were going to drop any second.

"Derek, Malia, and I." I told her.

"Derek Hale? He was the one who found you?" She asked me.

"No I moved here with my dad. I stayed for my brother." I told her.

"Brother?" She asked me confused, as if having a brother was unheard of.

"Scott, Scott McCall." I told her.

"Scott is your brother?" She asked me.

"Yeah half-brother. Do you know him?" I asked her.

"I have heard of him." She responded.

Before she could explain any more one of her pack an older man fell over and started to convulse.

Satmoi ran to his side but he was dead before she even reached him he was dead. I looked round at the worried faces of the rest of her pack. Most of them were yelling out what had happened. That's when I realized that most of them could not see. It was just seconds later that more and more of them seemed to finally give in to this sickness.

"What's happening to them?" I asked her.

"It's a virus." She told me but before she could go into any more detail gun shots run out through the woods.

Bullets where flying but I was not shore at who considering everyone was going to die anyway. The ones who were not already dead defiantly where having trouble healing from the bullet wounds. Everyone who was left seemed to be dropping like flies all around me. I was frozen in fear not shore what to do.

Satomi tried to push me along but she was shot in the back and she feel to the ground. I was about to turn back to her to see if she was okay when I screamed out as a sharp pain filled my stomach. I looked down at my hands that where holding onto my shirt and when I pulled them away they were covered in blood. The noise around me faded then I fell to my knees. I was only able to hold myself up like that for a few seconds before I fell face first down into the dirt. I tried to move tried to do anything but I was to week. Everything seemed to be fading away to nothing and all I could do was wonder if this is what death felt like.