Chapter 91

"Peter he's still bleeding what do we do?" I asked as we sped down the street.

Peter took a second to look in the rear view mirror then let out an annoyed grunt.

"Get back there and apply pressure to the wound." He said to me.

"Yeah okay." I said nervously as I climbed into the back seat.

I picked up his head and rested it on my lap as I grabbed placed my hands on the wound and pushed down on it. I instantly recalled my hands as we booth yelled out at the same time getting a look from Peter before he went back to looking at the road.

"I'm sorry." I said as I pushed on his wound again.

I had to fight against myself and resist pulling away again as I knew exactly how much this was hurting him.

"Hey Derek stay awake, you're going to be okay." I told him when I noticed his eyes were starting to close.

"Where almost there." Peter said to me.

"Where the hell are we going?" I asked.

"Back to the loft." He answered.

"Shouldn't we go to the hospital?" I asked not understanding why we would go anywhere else.

"And tell them what, hey please help with the bullet wound. Oh by the way he's a werewolf. No we go back to the loft and if we need call Deaton." He told me.

"Just hurry up." I told him as I tried my best to help Derek even though there was nothing I could do.

A few minutes later the car came to a stop and Peter got out walking around to open the door and grab Derek. He practically had to carry him all the way up to his loft as I held onto the book. As we were in the elevator my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket to see that it was Scott calling.

"Hello." I said.

"Oh my god Thana where are you?" He asked frantically.

"I'm at Derek's loft." I told him.

"Why are you there, is everything okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine but Derek has been shot." I told him. "How is everyone else?" I asked.

"Were all okay. Do you want me to come get you?" He asked.

"No I'm going to say to make sure he's okay." I told him.

"Just call if you need anything." He told me.

"I will. Got to go." I said when the door opened up to his loft.

Peter dragged Derek over to his bed that laid in the middle of the room near the wall of windows in the back room. He plopped him down like nothing was wrong. Like he was drunk or something. I placed the book down on a small table and ran over to them.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"Get warm water and a cloth. We need to clean the wound." He said.

I ran over to the kitchen and grabbed what he had asked for. I ran back to him to see that Peter had removed his shirt. I handed the cloth over to him and he quickly got to work cleaning off all the blood giving us a better look at the wound.

"Shit." Peter said.

"What?" I asked.

"The bullet is still inside. We have to take it out." He told me.

"Do you know how to do that?" I asked.

"Kinda." He answered as he got up and left the room.

"You're going to be okay." I told Derek as I ran my fingers through his hair.

Peter came back with a knife and a blow torch.

"What the hell is that for?" I asked.

"We have to make the wound bigger to get the bullet out." He told me.

"Isn't that just going to make it worse?" I asked.

"No once we get the bullet out the wound will heal." He told me.

I was obviously worried for Derek. Peter seemed like he knew what he was doing but the thought of tearing Derek apart not only made me worried for him but for me as well. I was trying my hardest to keep it together but I was still in a great deal of pain from the gun shot.

"If you want you can go wait in the other room." He told me.

I took one more look at Derek and knew I was not going to go anywhere.

"No, I won't leave him." I told Peter.

"Okay then let's get to work." He said then started the blow torch.

"Hold on were going to fix you." I told him before looking back to Peter who looked a little too happy about causing his nephew pain.