Chapter Twenty - One

He just stood there staring at me not saying a word. I could feel everyone’s eyes on us. I was becoming increasingly more uncomfortable.

            “Can I help you?” I asked him.

            He still just stood there staring at me a little more forcefully. It was like my voice bothered him in some way.

            “Thana?” He asked.

            He seemed to be worried about something but I did not have time to think about it.

            How did he know my name?

            I was not going to let this creep know he was bothering me.

            “Derek.” I said letting him know I also knew his name.

            He looked surprised, his eyes grew wide.

            “You know me?” He asked as a smile formed on his face.

            “Yah we met before.” I told him.

            He looked strangely happy. I was going to enjoy this.

            “Last night at the store.” I told him.

            “What?” He asked me confused.

            “We met last night. You where the guy who does not know what personal boundaries are. I was the girl who called you an ass then flipped you off.” He seemed to be getting genuinely upset at what I told him.

            I decided now was a good time to leave.

            “Have a nice day.” I told him as I patted him gently three times on his rock hard chest.

            I then walked around him and over to my brother and Stiles.

            “What was that about?” Scott asked me.

            He was staring at me almost the exact way Derek had. Like they were looking into my soul.

            “Yah how do you know Derek?” Stiles asked.

            “I don’t.” I said getting into Stiles jeep.

            Once the other two climbed in I finished my train of thought.

            “By the way your friends a creep.” I told them.

            “He’s not my friend.” Stiles said as he started the car.

            “Are we still going to see your dad?” I asked.

            “Yep.” He answered.

            “Does he know where coming?” Scott asked.

            “Nope.” He answered.

            I looked over to Scott.

            “Is that going to be a problem?” I asked him.

            “It varies from day today.” He replied.

            I could tell there was more to his response but I did not feel like I knew him well enough to pry.

            We arrived at the police station about fifteen minutes later. I took a deep breath and followed them inside. The two of them said hi to almost every cop or deputy as they called them here.

            I followed them through until we stopped in front of a glass door with the words Sheriff Stilinski on it.

            Stiles knocked on the door but entered before he got a response. Thank god when we walked into his office he was sitting in there alone.