Chapter 115 - Mr. McCall's POV

"That's enough! No more questions." Dad told them.

"Were not done hear." The older cop said.

"Yes you are. I should have your badge. You know you cannot interrogate a miner without her parents present." He told them.

"This isn't an interrogation. We're trying to get her statement." One of the cops said to me.

"And what is your name officer?" I asked the young man.

"Officer Banks." He answered.

"Officer Banks I don't know how long you have been working but if you can't tell the difference between an interrogation and taking a witness statement you should go back to training." I told him.

"Sir." The older man tried to say.

"NO. I'm taking my daughter home." I told them.

"We can't let you do that." The older man said.

"And why not? Is she being charged with something?" I asked.

"Let's talk out in the hall." Officer Banks said to me.

I looked back to Thana who was sitting on the other side of the table. She was very calm, to calm.

"Don't answer any more of their questions." I told her before following the young officer out into the hall.

"What's going on? Why are you treating my daughter like a person of interest?" I asked him once the door was closed behind us.

"Because she is." He answered.

"You have got to be kidding me. She's a sixteen year old girl and they were trained assassins." I reminded him.

"And yet she's the one who's alive." He answered.

"So, she got lucky. You can't arrest her for defending herself." I told him.

"You're not at all curious as to why they were after your daughter?" He asked me.

"What makes you think they were?" I asked even though I had a feeling he was rite.

"Besides the fact that almost everyone we talked to said the gunman was shooting at her. Wasn't she shot a week ago?" He asked.

"That is completely unrelated." I told him even though I had a feeling it was not.

"How can you be so sure? It seems like someone really wants your daughter dead. The only questions I have is who, and why?" He asked me.

"Why don't you try finding the real criminal and ask him. You know the guy who hired the hit men." I said.

""So you admit you think they were there to kill your daughter?" He asked.

"No I admit they were there to kill someone and my daughter got caught in the middle." I replied.

"According to a witness. When everything started your daughter was not scared. She actually faced the three of them head on." He told me.

"The witness does not know what they are talking about. She's a sixteen year old girl, of course she was scared." I told him.

"Does she look scared to you?" He asked as we both looked through the glass to see her sitting there calmly as she looked at her hands.

"She's in shock." I answered.

"Your daughter just moved in with you a month ago. Are you sure you really know her?" He asked me.

"What the hell does that mean?" I snapped at him.

"Nothing, I was just wondering if you were aware of your daughters violent past." He asked instantly making me boil over with rage.

"If you're talking about the foster family who was abusing her and the other kids, yes I know." I answered as I tried my hardest not to yell at the cop.

"I'm talking about the cop that she killed." He responded.

"Same person." I reminded him.

"He was a well beloved cop." He answered.

"He was a child abuser and rapist who got what he deserved." I growled at him.

"If you're done questioning me I am taking her home." I told him as I tried to walk past him.

He tried to block my way but when he did Thana could be heard yelling from the other room. We both ran in to see Officer Banks partner on the floor. He was shacking violently and bleeding out of his eyes and ears as well as foaming at the mouth.