Chapter 23

After we left the police station we went to Stiles house. Scott did not want to go back to the condo. He was still mad at our dad. Plus it would not have been a good idea to look through the pictures of the file there. We all agreed that it was not a good idea to go to Scott's either. His mom was home. She had taken some time off from work to deal with everything and would be home. I doubt she would want to meet me just yet.

So we ended up at Stiles. Neutral ground. Or Switzerland as Stiles was now referring to it.

I have only known him for about a day and I could already tell he was one of the funniest people I have ever known. He was always cracking a joke. Or making a sarcastic comment.

We hooked up our phones to Stiles printer and was printing out all of the pictures that we took. As they printed out we handed the pages off to Stiles who frantically spread them out over his floor trying to figure out the order of the pages.

Once everything was all printed out I looked back to Stiles.

"Okay I think I got everything." He said.

"Thana you take the papers on the floor in front of my door. Scott you get the ones by my desk. I will take the ones around my bed." He told us.

I could not help but laugh. He was supposed to organize them and split it so we could get through the files faster and the way he did that was by sections of floor.

"What's so funny?" He asked me.

"Nothing." I said as I looked up at Scott.

He gave me a look that told me he knew exactly what I was thinking.

I looked down at the pages that Stiles had assigned to me and was surprised that it all seemed to history. Like ancient history. There where print outs from the internet, old pictures, and family trees. Multiple there was no way it would fit on one piece of paper.

As I looked it over quickly I was happy to see that Stiles thought enough to not give me anything that would upset me. He gave me things that would answer who my family was. Not what happened to them. I had to assume that that stuff was split up between the two of them.

I started reading the first page and was shocked to see what was written on it.

"Did you know that my family founded this town in 1694?" I asked as I looked up from my file.

"What?" Stiles asked.

"No I did not." Scott answered.

"Yeah it says rite here they moved here from Salem Massachusetts in 1694 and bout all the land that the town is now built on. Apparently they were loaded. They built this huge mansion." I told them handing them a picture of it.

"Wow." Stiles said as he looked at it.

"How is it we have never seen this?" Scott asked.

"According to the map it is in the middle of some lake in the middle of the woods. Look it's still surrounded now by about twenty accurse of land." I told them.

"No one goes in those woods." Stiles said.

"Why is that?" I asked confused.

"They're supposed to be haunted." Scott said.

I let a laugh slip through my lips and expected them to do the same. They just looked at each other as if they just had some grand revelation.