Chapter 137 - Derek's POV

Thana must have been drained from the events of the day. She fell asleep almost instantly. I sat there for a while just holding her before I feel asleep myself. I was woken up when I heard noises coming from the corner of my apartment.

I opened my eyes as I did my best not to move. I looked over to the noise I could see two shadows moving in the distance. I looked down to Thana who was still asleep. As quietly as possible I moved away from her and climbed out of bed. I took one last look at Thana before grabbing the handgun she had given me from the bed side table.

I made my way over stepping over the floor boards that creaked. I held the gun out in front of me. Hoping what I saw was just shadow play. I was still not very good with guns. I turned the corner into the kitchen when the gun was kicked out of my hands.

I turned and tried to grab it but before I could I was punched in the face. I fell down to the ground. I was too far from the gun. There was too far from the gun. There was no way I would be able to reach it.

I looked up at the two figures who were stepping out of the shadows. My heart stopped beating and sank into my stomach as I watched the twins step into view.

"No this isn't real your dead." I said as I looked to Ethan, and Aiden.

They did not responded they just kept walking towards me. The two of them grabbed me by the arms and dragged me towards the bed. Towards where Thana was still asleep. No matter how much I struggled against them it was no use. Especially now that I was no longer a wolf I did not stand a chance.

"Please don't hurt her." I begged and in response they both just smiled.

One of them kicked me in the back of the knees forcing me to the ground. When I looked up Boyed was kneeling down in front of me. I instantly started to panic as I knew what was going to happen next.

"No, no, no." I begged but they did not listen.

They forced my claws out witch confused me as I stared at them. Before I could figure out what was going on they forced my claws into his chest. He fell into my lap as he bleed out. The second they let go of me I grabbed onto him. I spun Boyed around so I could look him in his eyes as he died, but when I did it was no longer Boyed. I was now holding a dying Thana in my hands.

"Why?" She asked as I tried to stop her bleeding.

"I'm sorry." I told her.

"I'm so sorry, please don't die." I pleased as I held onto her tightly.

This couldn't be happening. I couldn't lose her again. Never again, I don't know what I would do without her. Truthfully I don't think I could live without her.

"Please don't leave me." I begged as I watched her eyes close.

"Stay with me please. I love you." I told her as the tears streamed down my face.

"Derek!" I heard someone yell.

"Derek!" I heard the voice again but I could not stop looking at her.

I shot up and looked around confused. I was still sitting in bed. I was completely covered in sweat. Someone grabbed hold of my arm. I latterly jumped out of my skin as I swung at whatever touched me.

"Derek what the fuck!" The voice yelled at me.

I spun around to see Thana sitting there holding her cheek. I sat there frozen for a few seconds before I lunged forward and grabbed hold of her. I pulled her close and held her tightly.

"You're alive." I said as I refused to let her go.

"Of course I am, it was just a dream. Everything's okay." She responded.

I pulled away so I could look at her.

"A dream?" I asked.

"Yeah, you where dreaming. Everything's fine." She told me again.

But everything was not okay. There was a huge red mark forming on her cheek.

"Did I do that?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"It's okay, I'm fine. You were asleep." She told me as she reached for my hand but I pulled away.

She says it's okay but it's not. The entire reason I was freaking out was because I could not stand the thought of hurting her. I could not even relax because it was a dream because I hurt her anyway. Out of everyone I never thought I would be able to hurt her in any way.

"I think you should leave." I said to her.

"Come on Derek don't be stupid. I'm fine." She told me.

"Thana I want you to leave." I told her again as I got out of bed and grabbed a shirt to pull over my head.

"Derek your being dumb, I'm fine. I'm more worried about you." She said to me.

"That's the problem. You're so concerned with everyone else but who you really should be worried about is yourself. People are trying to kill you." I told her.

"People are trying to kill us all." She answered.

"You just don't get it. Your worth a lot of money but also you're the last Royal. Even if you were not worth as much as you are you would still be a prize to kill." I told her trying to get her to understand.

"I get it." She told me as she looked at me like she was confused.

"Look I need to deal with this myself. I can't have you worrying about me. You need to stop caring about us and worry about yourself. Now I have stuff I have to deal with so can you get out?" I asked her as I pointed to the door.

"Fine." She snapped as she grabbed her things and headed for the door.

"Just so you know, you're being a real asshole rite now." She said before she left.