Chapter 22

He was sitting behind his desk looking through some paper work. He looked up from his desk. Obviously annoyed that someone had barged into his office. He seemed to relax when his eyes settled on Stiles and Scott. Then his eyes settled onto me.

            "Who's your friend?" He asked as he sat up strait in his chair.

            "That's Scott's sister." Stiles said with a smile as he slammed the door shut behind us.

            "Oh." He said.

            "Oh. What dos oh mean?" Stiles asked him.

            Something was wrong I could see it in his eyes. There was a look in his eyes like there was trouble coming around the corner.

            "Your father told me you would probably stop by." He said looking at me.

            "He did?" I asked.

            "Yes. He told me you had been asking about your mother's family. He also told me that Stiles was driving you to school today and would probably talk you into coming down here." He said smiling at his son.

            "Obviously he was right." Scott said.

            "Well why would he ask me to drive her then if he thinks I'm such a bad influence?" Stiles mumbled under his breath.

            "So why don't you tell me what it is my son and your brother talked you into?" He asked me.

            "Stiles told me that if I asked you would let me see my family's police file." I told him.

            "Of course he did." He said giving his son a look that could only come from a caring father.

            "And normally I would give you this file." He said as he held up a thick manila folder. "But your father made me promise I would not give this folder to you." He said as he placed the folder down on his desk.

            He then stood up and walked towered his door.

            "I'll be back in ten minutes. I have to talk to a deputy." He said and then left the room.

            I looked after him then to Stiles.

            "You said he would help me!" I snapped at him.

            I did not get an answer from them they just split up. Stiles ran over locked the door and closed the blinds. Scott ran over to the Sheriffs desk and started flipping through the folder.

            "What are you guys doing?" I asked them.

            "His dad left the file out so we can look at it, but we have to be fast." Scott told me.

            "But my dad told him not to." I told both of them.

            "Do you see my dad around?" He asked me. "What our parents don't know can't get us in trouble." Stiles said.

            "Your father is the coolest." I told him.

            I looked over to Scott who was frantically writing word for word from the file.

            "This is going to take too long." He called out in frustration.

            "Get out of the way." I told him as I pushed him aside.

            I took out my cell phone and quickly took a picture of every page before flipping it over and moving on to the next.

            "A pen and paper? Really Scott? What decided do you live in?" I asked him.

            "Whatever." He said and took out his cell phone and fallowed my lead. Cutting the time it took in half.

            "My dad's coming." Stiles called.

            We quickly finished what we were doing. Stiles unlocked the door and we all sat down about a second before the Sheriff walked in.

            He looked over to the three of us. There was anxiety written all over my face. I knew he was cool and did not care if I looked at the file but by him knowing we did could get him in trouble with my dad.

            There was more going on there between the two of them I would just find out about it later.

            "Are we done here?" He asked us.

            "Yep." Stiles said.

            Then we all got up and quickly hurried out of the station.