Chapter 124

When I woke up I was so confused. I did not know where I was. All I remember was a car then everything went black. The only thing that kept me calm was the fact that the first face I saw was Dereks. I was so happy to see him but I could not manage to say anything more than his name.

"It's okay, you're okay." He told me before leaning towards me placing a soft kiss on my head.

Then the nurses came and tried to take him away.

"No I want him to stay." I said as I tried to sit up but was stopped by the sharp pain in my side.

It hurt to the point where I almost couldn't breathe.

"Oh my god you're awake." One of the nurses said as the other two stared at me in shock.

One of them ran out the room and I looked to Derek for answers. He quickly told me what was going on before Melissa and a Liam's dad came running in the room.

I spent the next few hours having tests run on me. No one understood how the swelling had gone down on its own. Or how there were no lingering effects not even a concussion. I knew that Derek had done something to save me but I have not had the chance to ask him how. Unfortunately whatever he had done did not heal me fully and I still had to have my arm put in a cast and my ribs wrapped to help them heal correctly. After being poked at all day my family was finally able to come in and see me.

I could not help but smile as Scott and Dad walked in threw the door.

"Thank god you're okay." Scott said as he hugged me causing me to grunt in pain.

"Oh sorry." He said as he backed away.

I looked over to dad who was just standing there staring at me oddly.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Why are people trying to kill you two?" He asked bluntly.

I did not know what to say. There was no way of explaining without telling him to truth.

"We don't know." Scott told him.

"When can we go home?" I asked wanting to get the hell out of here.

"They want to keep you for a few days just for observation." He told me.

"Do I have to?" I asked him.

"Yes." He said before turning to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" Scott asked.

"To talk to the man who ran over my daughter." He answered.