Chapter 16

"Wrestle. You want to wrestle?" Coach asked me?

"Yes." I said.

He just started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"Oh my god you're serious." He said.

"Why would you think I'm not?" I asked him.

"You're a girl. Girls can't wrestle." He said.

"Excuse me." Lydia said. She must have come back over at some point.

Coach looked around to see that he was surrounded by Lydia, Kira, Malia, and me. Instantly regretting his words.

"Guys, help me out here." He said to Scott and Stiles.

We all looked over to them. They just through their hands up.

"Coach you're on your own." Stiles said as they both took a step back.

"Look you're a girl. You would get hurt." Coach said.

"That's incredibly sexist." Lydia said. "If Thana says she wants to wrestle you have to let her at least try out." Lydia snapped at him.

"No I don't there must be a rule or something. Dave get me the rule book." He yelled at a tall muscular kid.

He quickly ran off and came back with a little white book. Coach frantically flipped through the pages. He then looked back up at me.

"It says if there's not a girls team we have to let the girls try out for the school team." He said.

"So let's do this." I said.

"Now? You want to try out now?" He asked.

"Why not." I said.

He walked over and started talking to the team. They did not seem to be happy about whatever it is there talking about.

"Are you shore you want to do this?" Scott asked me.

"There all a lot bigger then you." Stiles added in.

"Hey leave her alone." Malia said.

"I have fought bigger." I told him.

"Do you even know the rules?" Kira asked me.

"Not at all. I'm just going to wing it." I told them.

"You got to be kidding me." Scott said.

Then Stiles frantically started talking to be about the rules. About point systems, and penalties. Who knew there were so many rules in wrestling? Not me that was for shore. By the time Coach walked back over to me all I really took in was three rounds and if one appoint can no longer compete in any of those rounds they for fit.

"Are you ready?" He asked me.

"Yep." I said.

"Okay you will be fighting Steve." He said pointing to a guy who was standing in the ring.

He was the smallest guy on the team but was defiantly about fifty pounds heavier than me.

"Don't hurt her." Scott yelled out to Steve as I walked over.

I looked back and just smiled at Scott. I was going to show him.

"Are you ready?" Coach asked?