Chapter Thirty

A/N : The video on the side is the song she sings in class.

“What’s wrong with you?” Izzy asked me as we waited for our choir teacher to get to class.

“Nothing.” I snapped at her. “Where is this teacher?” I asked.

“She’s always late.” Stella answered.

I let out a loud sigh. I just wanted this day to be over.

“Now don’t hurt me for asking, but what’s wrong?” Allen asked holding up his hands in front of him in surrender.

“Lydia just said something in gym class that pissed me off.” I told the three of them.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Izzy asked me.

“Not at all.” I told her. “Finally.” I said as I saw a the teacher run into class.

I took a second to look at her. Her hair was messy, her clothes not quite fitting her. Her glasses sat crooked on her face and she had her hands filled with what looked like sheet music.  I could not help but laugh at her.

“What’s so funny?” Stella asked.

“She looks like that teacher from Harry Potter. The one who can see things.” I told them.

“You mean that crazy lady.” Allen.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Oh my god she does.” Stella added in.

We all started laughing but quickly stopped when the teacher’s eyes landed on the four of us.

“Every one settle down. Settle down everyone.” She repeated. “I have got the sheet music for our next concert. I will need a few volunteers to help past them out.” She told the class then posed.

“First we have a new student. Thana. Thana Tomes. Where are you?” She asked.

I raised my arm so she could see where I was.

“Why don’t you stand up so the class can get a look at you?” She said.

I felt instantly uncomfortable by the way she just worded that. So they could take a look at me.

I slowly stood up and took a look around. Everyone in the class was staring at her. Expecting her to say something.

“Hi, I’m Thana.” She said and then quickly sat back down.

“Thana why don’t you come up to the stage?” The teacher asked the second I sat back down.

“Why?” I asked completely confused.

“So you can audition.” She told me with a smile.

“But I got placed her. No one told me I would have to audition.” I told her.

“Don’t worry hun. It’s just a formality. Everyone has to sing there first class so I can figure out where to place them.” She told me.

I got up and walked to the stage. I got up there and looked around at all of the faces who were staring at me. They were all waiting for me to sing. I felt like I was going to throw up my stomach. All of my confidence had left me. Never in my life have I ever sung in front of any one.

“What am I supposed to sing?” I asked.

“Anything you want.” She told me.

I stood there thinking about a song I knew well enough for me to sing in front of class. I looked around the stage and saw a little boy with glasses sitting behind a black piano. I walked over to him and whispered to him.