Chapter 173

Styles had left to go talk to his dad. Parrish had called us and told us he found Chris. Chris had told him Kate took them to the temple they had found Derek in. We all were trying to figure out what to do next. All we knew was we had to get to Mexico.

Right now I was at Derek's. The two of us were checking all the guns. Making sure they were loaded and working properly.

"I still don't like relying on their things." HE said to me as he placed the one in his hand down on the table.

"I get it. You miss your powers." I answered as I placed all the guns we checked into a large duffle bag.

"It's not about power. It's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless." He responded refusing to make eye contact with me.

"I was human. Did I look helpless?" I asked him.

"You're a much better shot than me." He said looking completely defeated.

"Do you really think you won't be coming back?" I asked him worried of the answer he may give me.

"Not alive." He said as he tried walking away from me.

I quickly grabbed his wrist pulling him back to me.

"You know I'm not okay with that," I told him as I looked straight into his eyes.

He didn't say anything instead he just pulled me into a kiss. It was a still kiss full of fear and pain. it was a good bye kiss and me did not know how to respond to it. When he finally broke apart he just rested his forehead on mine.

"I am." He said finally breaking the silence as he pulled away from me.

"If it saves Scott and Kira." He started then posed as he took the duffle bag from me.

"To be honest I don't even know if this is enough fire power to take down one Berserker." He told me making it clear he had no hope left.

"Not even close," Peter said appearing out of the shadows like the creep he was.

"Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. It's breaking the animal spirit from the human." He informed us.

"The only one we know with that kind of experience is Argent. He's not getting back to me." Derek told Peter.

"Probably because he was just impaled." I reminded him.

"Well, then we're going to need help. Liam, Isaac, definitely me." Peter told us causing Derek and I to look at each other suspiciously.

"Stiles is with Malia now. I'll call Liam and Isaac and tell them to meet us at the ware house." Peter told us before.

"How does he have their numbers?" I asked Derek.

"We have more important things to worry about." He answered.

"Like what?" I asked.

"The fact that it's a full moon tonight and Liam still can't control himself." He answered.

"You know what, I may know someone who can help with that," I told him as I pulled out my own phone.