Chapter 134

I parked the car and looked up to see his light was on. I did not know if I should be happy or not. I took one deep breath and stepped out of the car. I made my way upstairs, I could hear music blaring as I made my way up the elevator. I was thankful that Derek gave me the key to his elevator so I did not have to walk up the stairs.

The door opened up and my ears were assaulted by the sound of loud rock music. I looked around expecting to see some weird rocker party but there was no one around. I knew I should call out but I really could not find my voice. I just walked further and further inside. I turned a corner into a back room where the music was coming from. I stopped in my tracks as I saw Derek struggling to do a pull up. I don't know if I was more distracted by his naked back or the fact that he could not do a single pull up.

I cleared my throat and when I did he jumped so much he fell landing on the floor. He hopped up and stared at me.

"Izzy what the hell are you doing here?" He yelled as he scrambled to pull a shirt over his head.

"Oh sorry I forgot." I told him then recited the spell Izzy taught me.

"I quickly turned into myself leaving Derek looking impressed.

"When did you learn that spell?" He asked.

"Izzy taught me so I could escape the popo." I told him.

"Of course she did. Did she also heal you?" He asked.

"Of course she did." I answered.

"The real question is why didn't you tell me you were still hurt?" I asked as I tried to pull up his shirt.

"I'm fine." He answered.

"You're not, and I can help if you let me." I told him.

"That's not necessary." He responded.

"Why not, because it would be easy?" I asked him. "And no one around here ever wants to take the easy way out." I finished.

"Because I have survived without magic for years. I can manage now." He answered.

"Derek you're a werewolf, you have never really been injured before. I don't know why you're not healing but put aside that massive ego and let me help you. Please?" I asked him.

"Fine." He answered causing me to basically leap with joy.

"Great now off with your shirt." I ordered him.

He chuckled softly and did as I said.

"Holy shit Derek. Why did you tell me it was this bad?" I asked as I looked at his severely infected wound.

It was unbelievable that he was even able to walk around.

"This is bad." I told him as I placed my hand over his wound.

"Yeah it got a little out of hand." He answered as I started to heal him.

"A little is an understatement Derek. You could have died." I told him as I finished up.

"You can't do shit like that Derek. If you need help you need to ask for it." I scolded him.

I really did not know what I would do if something had happened to him. The thought alone was enough to make it hard to breath.

"Hey I'm sorry. I don't want you to worry about me." He told me.

"Of course I worry about you, just like you worry about me. Were a team or have you forgotten that?" I snapped at him.

"I haven't." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Good, now let's stop fighting and let's have a drink." I told him as I pulled out of his arms and ran over to his liquor cabinet.