Chapter186

The next few days passed by without anything of importance. Kira spent the days at home with her family. Scott spent his time between Kira's house and with his mom and our dad. Liam and Issace circled around Scott. Lydia had been shacked up with Perrish, while Derek has been avoiding me. He wouldn't talk to me and was ignoring my calls, so I decided today was the day. The day that I forced him to speak to me. I made my way up to his place, and right when I was about to knock on the door, it opened.

I looked up to see Derek standing in front of me. He looked down at me, and I could tell by the look on his face he was not happy to see me. In fact, he looked mad.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I came to talk. Can you please just talk to me?" I begged of him.

The plan of eating into him, letting him know what an ass he's been completely abandoned as I looked into his angry eyes. I couldn't stand the thought of him hating me. I knew he was upset with me, but if he hated me, it would break my heart.

He seemed to loosen up just a little when he heard the pain in my voice but only the slightest amount in his shoulders. The angry expression still on his face.

"I really cant." He answered me.

"Why? I know you have been avoiding me, but I'm here..." I started to say to him when I realized he was holding a large duffle bag over his shoulder.

He realized where my eyes have landed and took a deep breath in.

"Thana," he started, but I did not let him finish.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked him as my chest started to tighten.

I was so scared of his answer. I was finding it hard to breathe.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"For how long?" I asked in a soft voice as I tried to find my voice.

"I don't know. I just need to get out of this town, away from it all." He answered as he placed his bag on the floor next to his feet.

I looked down at the bag, not being able to meet his eyes as I fought back the tears. I knew if I looked up at him, I could crumble into myself.

"You mean away from me." I corrected him.

The silence that filled the hall between us was suffocating. If someone didn't say something soon, I was sure I was going to forget how to breathe.

"Please don't cry." Derek's soft voice said as he reached out to wipe the tears from my face.

"I hadn't realized I was," I answered as I looked up to him for the first time.

He didn't look angry any longer. His eyes were now filled with concern.

"Come inside, and we can actually talk." He said as he stepped out of my way.

I silently walked in and sat down on his couch. Knowing that he was leaving entirely through me for a loop, and I no longer knew what I wanted to say to him.

He sat down across from me, staring at his hands, and it was in that exact moment I knew no matter what I said, he was going to leave.

"Nothing I could say to you is going to change your mind, is it?" I asked him.

"I just need some time, Thana." He answered me.

"Time for what?" I asked him scared he was going to say he needed time to figure out if he still wanted to be with me.

"I don't know I just need time away from this town." He answered.

"Derek, after everything we have been through, I can't lose you again." I pleaded with him as I continued to fail in holding back the tears.