Chapter 171 - Scott's POV

I woke up and tried to sit up but was unable to move. I was tied down to something hard and cold. I tried my best to look around. I was in some sort of old stone building but could not make out anything else. I had no idea where I was. All I wanted was to get up and find Kira but no matter how much I struggled I could not move.

"Tell me Scott do they still teach about Artemess in School?" An all too familiar voice that belonged to Kate asked behind me.

I tried to tilt my head further but was not able to see her until she was standing completely over me.

"She was a goddess." She went on to talk but I could not focus on her words.

I was too confused by what was going on. Was she the one who attacked us? And if she did why? To give me a history lesson. And where the hell was Kira?

She went on to say something about the goddess bathing naked. Then there was a dead deer and hunting dogs.

I only started to really focus on what she was saying when she picked up a mask that must have been lying somewhere behind me.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as she held it over me.

"I'm not going to turn you into a deer, but you are about to become something unrecognizable to your friends. They won't even know what they're fighting or killing." She told me with a smile on her face.

I again tried to struggle to get free with no luck. Then I just started to bleed.

"Please, Kate don't do this. Please just let me go. Where's Kira?" I asked as I struggled to move away from her.

Nothing worked and she placed the mask over my face

Nothing worked and she placed the mask over my face. I yelled out as my entire body left like I had been dropped into a pool of acid.