Chapter - 67 - Derek's POV

I was again sitting in the chair next to Thana's bed just watching her sleep. I was waiting for something to happen. Anything, she did not have to wake up just for her to do something to let me know she was going to be okay.

It was quite way to quite it seemed that was until the door opened and someone stomped into the room like they owned it. I looked up at the person who had entered the room to see that it was David Thana's friend from school.

He stopped walking when he saw me sitting there and I could not help but tense up. I did not know much about him but what I did know was not good.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see Thana. Who the hell are you?" He asked me back.

"I'm Derek." I answered him not knowing why I was even talking to this kid.

"Derek Hail?" He asked me.

"Yes. How do you know me?" I asked him as I stood from my seat.

"Thana told me about you." He said.

"She did?" I asked him not being able to hold back my smile.

"Yeah, you're the creepy guy who has been following her around." He answered.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me obviously he had become worried of me being near her.

"Scott asked me to watch her while he takes the PSAT." I told him. "Why aren't you taking it?" I asked him.

"I took it last year." He told me. "Your friends with Scott?" He asked me.

"Yes I am." I answered him.

We stood there in silence until he decided to take the seat across from me. I just wanted him to leave but he did not. He sat in that chair for a full forty five minutes before giving in and leaving. Only after I promised him I would let her know he came by.

Izzy, Alan, and Stella also stopped by but I was able to make them so uncomfortable they left a lot quicker then David had.

It was just the two of us when Miss McCall stormed into the room with a needle in her hands. Before I could even say anything to stop her she injected whatever that was into her IV.

"What is that?" I asked her.

"Noxolone we need to wake her up." She told me which did not make any sense.

"I thought you said she needed rest?" I asked her.

"That was before I found out the CDC just put the high school under quarantine. Scotts still in there." She told me.

Almost instantly Thana shoots up from her sleep as she gasped out for air. She struggled to try to stand up but fell back as she cried out in pain.

"Wait." Miss McCall said as she held her down so she could not move around.

"Look at me. You were shot but you're in the hospital and your fine." She said obviously trying to calm down the very confused Thana.

"I'm Scotts mother do you understand?" She asked her.

Thana looked at me confused about what was going on. I nodded at her letting her know that it was okay.

She looked back to Miss McCall and shook her head yes letting her know that she understood.

"Okay. Last night you were in the woods. And you came across another pack. Do you know what happened to them?" She asked her.

"I told you they were poisoned." I answered for Thana.

"No, no they were infected. It was a virus. Designed to kill werewolves. And it did. It killed them all." Thana told the two of us.

"Infected how do you know that?" I asked her.

"The leader of the pack told me before I got shot." She told me.