Chapter 138

I had to wait in Stella's car all night until the next morning when my dad left.

"I'm so sorry." I told her the second I ran inside.

"Dude someone tried to kill you again. No need to apologize." She answered.

"You know you really are a great friend." I told her as I plopped down on the couch.

"You must be existed from your night with Derek." She said as she sat down next to me.

"No really I slept in the car. Derek kicked me out." I told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Hell if I know." I told her.

"You know what I'm tired. I think I want to get some sleep." I told her.

"Okay I'll see you later." She said before getting up to leave.

That's what I loved about her she never pushed. She knew when to let things go. She had no interest in gossip.

I did not even have the energy to walk to my room. I curled up in a ball on the couch and quickly fell asleep. I was awoken by the sound of my phone ringing. I ground as I rolled over and reached for my phone that was on the coffee table. I looked at it to see Scott was calling.

"What?" I asked as I held the phone to my ear.

"Uhh... Thana you sound upset. What's wrong?" He asked.

"No, I was sleeping, what's up?" I asked.

"It's three pm." He answered.

I was surprised how long I had been asleep.

"So, was there a point to this call?" I asked him.

"Ummm... Oh yeah. Well.... You know what never mind." HE said as he stuttered over his words.

He was acting really strange. He was nervous about something. I shot up from where I laid, now completely awake.

"Scott obviously something is wrong. I don't think I have ever heard you stutter. So tell me what's wrong or I will come over there and kick your ass." I told him.

"Derek and Peter are missing." He told me.

My stomach latterly flipped and I felt nauseous. Now I was the one who couldn't speak.

"How?" I managed to ask.

"We think someone took them. Their house was ransack, and we can't get ahold of wither of them." He answered.

"That doesn't make any sense. There not even on the list." I answered as I started to pace around the room.

"It's not them thereafter." He responded.

"There the bait." I mumbled.

"Exactly, were out looking form them now." He said.

Then it hit me that they were already out and looking for them.

"Wait how long have you known this?" I asked.

There was a long pause and no answer.

"How long?" I yelled at him.

"About an hour." He answered.

"Why didn't you call me right away?" I asked him.

"This is obviously a trap for you and Malia. We thought it would be better if we did not tell you." He answered.

His answer was bullshit. It could be a trap for anyone of us. Whoever is dumb enough to show up. I was about to ask why he was telling me now. But then it hit me. He was telling me now because they couldn't find them.