Chapter 175 - Mason's POV

I walked through the hall's trying to find Lydia. Liam had texted me and asked me to find her and Izzy so where I was. Wandering through the empty halls.

"Lydia?" I asked as I walked into Mr. Y's class room.

She wasn't in there either. I was starting to believe that she was not here at all.

I walked back out into the hall for one final look around. When I saw something resting on the bottom of the stairs. It was her phone and jacket.

"No wonder she's not answering," I said as I turned on her phone to see a very strange photo set as he screen savior.

It looked like a weird blurry Halloween mask.

"What the hell?" I asked as I tried to make out the picture.

Then a shadow eclipsed me blocking the little bit of light in the hall.

I looked up to see a massive figure standing in front of me. It was a seven-foot tall man in a bone mask. His long blonde hair peeking out from underneath it. I tried to take a step away from him and he growled in response. Then quickly hit me over the hand with his oversized bone covered hand.

I woke up sometime later on the basement floor. I looked around before getting up to see Lydia standing there.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"My head..." I said as I touched my head to feel the blood that was dripping down from where he had hit me.

"Yeah, it's probably gonna hurt a lot." She said as she looked at my head.

"There was this guy. Huge, really huge. He had a, a skull on his face." I told her as I tried to make sense of what I had seen.

"Yeah, I know. I saw it, too." She told me.

"My phones were gone," I said as I ran my hands over all my pockets.

I really wanted to call for help. Not that I knew who I would call or what I would even tell them, but we needed help.

"Yeah. I think that's the point." She said.

"Okay, well wait, what's he gonna do to us?" I asked her considering she seemed to be a lot calmer than me.

"I don't know. But it definitely doesn't want us to leave." He told me.

"Lydia, why do you keep saying it?" I asked her and as if in response the man growled from around the corner and down the hall.

We both slowly turned to look at the source of the noise. I could not help but gasp as I looked around the corner to see him standing there at the end of the hall staring at us.

"What is that thing?" I asked Lydia, she did not even look surprised to see him standing there.

It was obvious she knew more than she was letting on.

"Not human." She answered before turning back around the corner.

"There's only one way out, and it's on the other side of the basement," I told her.

"I know but if we don't get out of here, someone's going to die." She told me as she started looking around.

"How do you know that?" I asked her.

"I just do. We have to at least see if he's blocking the exit." She told me.

The two of us turned the corner and of course, he was still standing there blocking our way.

"Yeah, yeah, he's blocking it," I said as I tried to calm my breathing enough to make a real sentence.

She started to look around again and after a few seconds she ran off to the other corner. I followed after her to see she found a basket filled with bats in it. She grabbed two and handed me one.