Chapter 20 - Derek

I pulled into the parking lot at the high school. Scott and Stiles where exactly where they said they would be.
I pulled up to them and parked my car. I did not feel like getting out so I just rolled down the passenger side window so they could look in.

"Hello there." Stiles said as him and Scott bent down to look in through the window.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" I asked them.

"I have a problem and I need your help." Scott told me.

"What else is new?" I responded not surprised at all that there was a new problem.

"It's about Liam." Scott said.

"Who?" I asked.

I had no idea who Liam was. Or why he was a problem.

"Scott did not tell you. He's the kid that Scott bit." Stiles told me.

"You did what?" I asked Scott.

I could not believe this. I knew it was a possibility but Scott just always seemed so in control. I never thought he would actually do it.

"It was an accident. I was trying to save him from the wendigo the other night at the hotel." Scott started to tell me.

"Scott just tell me what the problem is and what you need my help with." I told him. I did not mean to sound so rude but there were a lot of other things I had to worry about. I was not too happy to have to deal with something that could have been completely avoided.

"He's having trouble adjusting. I wanted to know if you could help me train him. Teach him how to control it. I have never done this before. I don't really know where to start." He told me.

I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was desperate.

"No problem. A new wolf I can handle." I told him with a smile.

I could hear his heart rate increase. He was nervous about something. I could not understand what. I just told him I would help.

"Spit it out Scott." I told him.

"That's only part of the problem." He told me.

There's more? We really do not need more problems rite now.

"There is?" Stiles asked.

Obviously as out of the loop as I am.

"When we were in Mexico. You know there to save you. The Mexican hunters gave me a warning." He stopped talking as his heart rate continued to speed up.

"What did they say Scott?" I asked.

"Basically that they would leave us alone. But if they found out I turned or hurt anyone that they would come here and kill us all." He let out in one fast breath.

"Scott." Was all I could manage to say as I shook my head in disbelief.

"So what you're telling me not only do we have to deal with Kate. The psychopathic were-jaguar. We also have to worry about a faceless assassin, and a newly turned werewolf. Now we also have to worry about a clan of crazy Mexican hunters." Stiles yelled out.

Expressing exactly how I felt inside. Completely overwhelmed.

"Technically he was mouth less, not faceless." Scott corrected.

"That's not the point." Stiles responded.

At that moment the two of them started bickering about the state of the guy's face a breeze came in through the open window. I picked my head up and breathed in the scent that was carried into my car by the breeze.

I know that smell.

I stepped out of my car and around to the other side. I stood in front of Scott and Stiles. I could not believe my eyes there she was. The girl from yesterday. From the store. She was talking to the girls.

"Derek what's wrong?" Scott asked me.

"Who is that?" I asked.

The two of them followed my line of site.

Scott let out a big sigh when he saw who I was looking at. Stiles just smiled.

"That's Scott's sister." Stiles told me.

I looked over to Scott who dropped his head and crossed his arms. Stiles was obviously telling the truth.

"I didn't know you had a sister." I told Scott.

"Until last night I didn't." He responded.

"She's his half-sister. She just moved her with their dad. He did not know about her either." Stiles said.

"Where's her mom?" I asked. I had to know.

"Who knows? Her mom was part of that family that diapered a few years ago." Scott said obviously annoyed.

"You'll never guess her name." Stiles said to me.

"Thana." I mumbled softly.

It can't be her. She was supposed to be dead. Well that's not really true. I knew she did not die along with her family. I had just told myself so many times that she was dead I started to believe it. It made it easier. I did not have to feel guilty about leave her behind all those years ago if I believed she was dead. But she was not dead. She was standing rite there. Talking to members of our pack. Apparently she was Scott's sister. How could I not have known that?

"How did you know?" Stiles asked me sounding suspicions.

"Good question." Scott responded.

I pushed my way through the two of them and started to make my way over to her before I even realized my feet where moving.

"Derek where are you going?" Scott yelled after me but at this point I could not even comprehend words.

Thana was alive and that was all that mattered. Alive and here in Beacon Hills.

Thana had come home.