Chapter - 64 - Scott's POV

It was pretty obvious the second I walked into the room that dad was angry. I mean I'm angry but I also know fighting with Derek in Thana's recovery room was not going to help anyone.

"Thank you Derek for bringing her here, but I think you should leave." I told him as calmly as I could.

"Scott." He said in surprise that I would send him away.

"Now." I said to him firmly.

He did not seem happy about it but he did start to walk out the door.

"I'll be in the hall." He said to me before he disappeared behind the door.

Once he was gone I too a good look at Thana. She just looked like she was sleeping. Sleeping and really pale but besides that she looked fine. But from what my mom told me on my way in she is nothing close to fine. She almost died tonight.

I sat down in the chair next to her bed and looked over to dad who was just standing there staring at her.

"She's going to be okay. She's strong." I told him.

"Your right." He answered me. "Still it does not make this any easier. When I catch who did this." He started saying but never finished his sentence.

I felt kind of bad. He had no idea what was actually going on around here.

"Dad there's a lot going on around town laity. You can't blame yourself for this." I told him.

"In this last week you were almost decapitated and your sister was shot. Its heard to feel like it's not my fault." He answered.

"Trust me it's not." I said to him.

He did not answer me. We just sat there which turned into the longest silence of my life.

"Don't you have a test in a few hours?" Dad asked me finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah. The PSAT, but I'm not going." I told him.

"Like hell you're not." My mom's voice said from across the room.

I turned around to see her standing in the door way. Of course it would be just like here to show up at this exact moment.

"Mom I can't." I said as I looked back to Thana who had still not woken up.

"She's rite." Dad agreed with here.

"This is too important. You go get some sleep. I'll stay with Thana. If anything changes I will come get you." He told me.

I did not want to go. I did not even know if I would be able to concentrate enough to pass the test. But he was right about one thing. I was tired and I needed sleep. I needed it bad.

"Fine." I finally agreed.

I walked out of the room before I could change my mind to see Derek was still sitting in the hall. I could not help but wonder how long he had been sitting there. I tried to walk by him without talking but he stopped me as I tried to walk by.

"Scott wait." He said as he stood up and got in my way.

"What do you want?" I asked him harshly.

"How is she?" He asked me.

"How do you think?" I snapped at him.

"She just got shot, almost died and had surgery. What were you thinking brining her with you?" I asked him.

"I didn't wasn't too but she insisted. But once I realized there was danger I sent her home. I don't know how she got there first." He said to me.

"Who did this?" I asked him anger filling my voice to the point where I was shore it could kill.

"I don't know but they were all poisoned. Whoever did this probably thought Thana was a wolf and left her to die with the others." He answered me.

"Keep an eye on her." I told him.

"Of course." He answered.

I nodded at him and then walked away. I needed at least a few hours of sleep.