Chapter - 63 - Derek's POV

I kicked open the ER doors as I held Thana in my hands. When I found her she was barley awake but now I held onto her lifeless body. I don't even know how I found her. I could not hear, or smell her nothing like that. It was like I could sense her there. I just felt like I had to turn back and find something that I had lost. And I am happy that I did. If what ever happened didn't she would be dead by now.

As I walk in through the doors the first person I see standing at the front desk is Melissa.

"She's been shot!" I yelled to her. "I think she's dying."

Melissa ran over to me to take a look at the girl I was holding. She seemed to freeze for a second when the realization of who I was holding hit her.

"Is that?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I responded.

Everything that happened after that was like I was standing in a fog. Melissa started yelling orders to those around her. Someone brought a stretcher over. A man tried to take her away from me but I did not want to let her go.

"Derek it's okay." Melissa told me.

I listened to her and let the man take her and put her on the stretcher. They ran down the hall with her, leaving me behind to do nothing but wait.

I sat down in the ER waiting room. I could do nothing but wait. No one would tell me anything. For a while I sat there looking at the clock. I sat there looking at the clock for exactly two hours and twenty-two minutes. Two hours and twenty- two long minutes of just waiting for someone to tell me what was going on.

I couldn't stand to look at the clock any more so I looked down at my own feet and that's when I realized that I was covered in her blood. So much blood. My hands, arms, and shirt where covered. She had lost so much blood I was not shore how I had not noticed until now.

"Derek." Someone said from in front of me.

I looked up to see that it was Melissa. I instantly stood up and took a step closer to her.

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"Only family is allowed in recovery." She told me.

"Recovery?" I asked.

"She just got out of surgery to remove the bullet." She told me.

I did not know what to say or do. I just stood there looking back at her.

"But considering none of them are hear." She said to me pulling me out of my thoughts.

I was confused for a second. Only a second.

"Thank you." I said to her.

"She's in room 420. If anyone asks you're her cousin." She said to me.

I shook my head and then ran down the hall. I ran until I found her room. I posed outside the door not knowing what I was going to do once I got inside.

I pushed open the door to see her lying in bed. She was the only one in the room. The only noises where coming from the monitors she was hooked up to. I was not shore what I was doing here. If she was even going to want to see me when she wakes up. But still I could not force myself to be anywhere else.

So I walked over to the chair next to her bed. I sat down and took hold of her hand. I did not know what to do but I did know I did not want to let go. So I didn't. I don't how long I sat there. And I did not care. All that matters is she's going to be okay.

"Who are you?" A deep and angry voice said from behind me.

I stood up out of my seat and spun around to see who had snuck up on me. I was now face to face with Mr. McCall. Who I had met before but that was when I was stuck in my teen age body so he had no idea who I was. And I had no idea what to say.

"I said who are you? And how did you get in my daughters room?" He asked me again as he took a step closer to me.

"I'm Derek." I answered him.

"Derek Hale?" He asked me.

I was not surprised he knew my name but that did not mean I was happy about it.

"Yes." I answered him.

He seemed to be looking me over and I knew how it must have looked because I was still covered in her blood.

"Then you're the one who brought her in." He said to me.

"I am." I answered him.

I could visibly see him getting angrier with every word I was speaking.

"What did you do to my daughter?" He yelled at me.

"I didn't do anything. We found her that way." I said to him.

"Who is we?" He snapped at me.

"Me and Malia." I told him.

"Then where is she?" He asked me obviously not believing what I was telling him.

"She came to tell me." Scott said as he entered the room.

oCVQ���V