chpt 28

The person closes the front door and comes into the living room. It was your mom. Your mom was soaked from the rain. "Mom! Where we're you?" you ask. You get up from the sofa and run towards her. "I was at my friends house last night, she needed comfort cause she just broke up with her boyfriend. I ended up sleeping over because she didn't want me to leave. Relax sweetie, I'm home now. Okay?" your mom says in a calm voice. You turned red because your mom called you sweetie in front of Justin. Your mom looks behind you and notice Justin on the sofa. "Oh hello Justin." your mom says with a smile. "Hello Ms. *yln* ." Justin says. "Can I speak to you in private." your mom says. "Sure." you reply. You both walk to the kitchen. "Mom, before you accuse me of doing something bad...I want you to know that Justin is currently single." you say. "Did you do anything to break it off?" your mom says concerned. "No. Justin broke up with her." you reply. "Are you and Justin a thing now?" your mom asks. "I don't know you." you reply. "But, honey you've been best friends with since you were in diapers. Isn't that a bit weird?" your mom asks. "Not at all." you reply. You look back at Justin and smile. "Alright. Well, as long as your happy." she says and smiles. Your mom starts to head up to her room until you stop her. "Mom." you say. "Yeah." she replies. "Please don't call me sweetie anymore. I'm eighteen." you whisper to her. Your mom laughs and walks up her room.