::40:: The Strongest Mage

"Hey, Wendy

"Hey, Wendy. Carla." Asami greeted the two as she sat next to the small blunette while setting down a beer mug on the table that she was drinking. She glanced over at Haru who was with Gray. The two males let her go over to her sister to spend some time alone with her since they had both been busy with jobs.

Wendy smiled at her sister. "Hey, Asami!" She greeted while Carla nodded once at the older girl before looking away and drinking her tea.

"So. What are you reading." She asked glanced at the book in front of the blunette. It had been a week since the guild or rather the Master held the endurance race. It had very amusing when Happy won first and she felt pity for Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, and Jet who all tied in last place. Their punishment was them having to pose in feminine outfits that looked skin tight. Gray and the guys refused to show their faces the first few days since they knew they would be laughed at for the pictures they posed in. She and Haru couldn't help but tease Gray when the magazine came out.

"It's a book on some medicinal herbs that can be found around the forests here in Magnolia." She said.

"That's cool." Asami took a sip of her beer. "How is the girls dorm been treating you two?" She asked looking between both Wendy and Carla who was drinking tea.

"It's really nice and cozy." She said.

"It also gives Wendy a chance to be more independent." Carla added.

Asami nodded. "That's good." She took another sip of her beer. "Although. If the pay gets to be too much don't hesitate in asking me or Gray for money. Okay?" She knew full well that the pay was 100,000 jewel a month for each room they had and she herself had struggled a bit in the beginning when she first moved in.

Wendy blinked in surprise before shaking her head and gave her sister a smile. "You don't need to worry about that. I don't want to have to ask for money."

"Wendy." Asami said in strong tone causing the blunette to jump a bit. The ravenette gave her sister a softened look. "I'm your older sister and you shouldn't need to hesitate in asking me for money. Or anything for that matter. I promised mom and dad that I would take care of you and I failed them once." Wendy saw her sister's blue orbs dim a bit at the mention of their deceased parents and glanced at the necklace hanging around her sister's neck. She remembered the picture inside that had their family picture inside. Asami had given her a framed copy of the picture for her to keep. Asami had told her some stories about their family but, since they were always on jobs they barely had time. "I'm not breaking that promise again. So, I'll say it once more. Don't hesitate to ask me for anything. And that includes you as well Carla." The white feline blinked in surprise. "You were there for Wendy and I will always be grateful for that. You two are both family."

The two shared a glance before giving the older female a smile and nod. "Okay."

"Hey you three!" Lucy greeted them with a beaming smile on her face as she removed her jacket.