::109:: Gray and Natsu

"When you lose someone,

the pain will always be there as a reminder that what you felt was real. "

Natsu dropped down, his only focus on finding Zeref. "Zeref..." He mumbled incoherently under his breath. "Where is... Zeref..." He looked up, his eyes hardening. "There... he is."

Gray stood in his way, clenching his fist. "Natsu..." He finally found the demon he had been searching for since he made his promise to his father.

"Gray..." The tension in the air grew as they stared each other down. "Move." Natsu demanded.

"So... you were E.N.D the whole time?"

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

"ANSWER ME, NATSU!" He snapped harshly. He didn't want to believe Invel but at this point he had nothing to lose. He only needed to defeat E.N.D as the final wish his father made and he was going to accomplish it.

"I will... defeat Zeref..." Natsu grunted. "For that purpose... Zeref... I wil..."

"Looks like my voice can't even reach you anymore." The ice mage muttered.

"DON'T STAND IN MY WAY!!" Natsu screamed, releasing magic power. "I WILL... DEFEAT...."

Gray stared at him with a stoic expression as the memory of what Invel told him came to mind.

"The demons of the book of Zeref are tools created personally by his majesty in order to end his life. His majesty, who lamented his own immortality, aimed to create demons so powerful, they could even kill him... That goal is what drove him." Invel explained, lying on the ground unable to move. "And of those... his ultimate masterpiece was E.N.D: Etherious Natsu Dragneel. The peerless, most powerful demon... it was none other than his majesty's younger brother." Gray tensed at the last part, finding out that Natsu was related to the evil wizard Zeref. "Moreover... instilled in the demons of the book of Zeref was a sort of homing instinct. A specific thought which they cannot help but obey. That is, to kil..."

"ZEREF!!"

The ice wizard could see with his own eyes that what Invel had told him was indeed true. Natsu only seemed focused on killing Zeref. "Who would've guessed... my greatest foe was so close to me this whole time masquerading.... As my greatest rival." Gray felt a pang of guilt that he would be fighting someone that was close to his wife but that quickly vanished. Remembering that it was because of Natsu that Asami was dead.

"I said... move." The pinkette growled.

"My parents...Ur... all because of Zeref's demons, they..." He clenched his fists tighter. "And now Asami... " He had no one left. "You're part of the group that...!"

"I'm not asking again."

"Don't you worry, Natsu." The black markings covered half his body now and he was sporting a look of rage. "YOU WON'T HAVE TO! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, AND STOP YOU DEAD IN YOUR TRACKS!"