::118:: Natsu's Book

Ever heard of the rule of three? He shouts as we run. No! If you save somebody's life three times, their life belongs to you. You saved my life today, that makes once. Save it twice more an I'm all yers.

-Moira Young

Gray grabbed his stinging cheek, looking at his wife with his eyes wide as he focused on her, unaware of how the three who were watching quickly left to avoid seeing their altercation. "Asami..." He breathed out in. "Why did you-"

"Shut up! I'm talking first." She snapped at him, her body tense as she clenched her fists tightly and he winced at her tone. "You're still acting reckless and being an idiot! Why would you use that spell when you said you wouldn't! You promised me, Gray!" Her blue eyes flashed angrily at him and she could feel the way her eyes began to sting. "Did you think that I wouldn't be able to hear your voice coming from the guild! I could hear you telling Zeref how nobody would remember you! Don't you know how that makes me feel?!" She didn't like the way her heart ached when she heard him say how no one would shed any tears for Gray since he would be erased from their memories. The idea of never knowing Gray was too painful to even think about. "Who do you think you are--"

He grabbed her by the shoulders and looked at her with a pained expression on his face.

"How do you think I felt when I woke up and thought you were dead!?" He heard the way her breath caught. "You were lying there in the pool of your own blood! Do you know how angry and upset I was thinking that the woman that I loved had given her life to save mine!?" He exclaimed, his voice wavering as he tried to block out the images from his mind. "There was nothing I could do but hold you in my arms and letting darkness consume me because the only light I had in my life was gone."

He knew that he had his guildmates and Haru but Asami was the love of his life and he would never be able to forget her which was why he'd rather be consumed by hatred than to feel the pain of losing her.

She kept her head down, feeling her eyes well up with tears and her throat constricting as she held back a sob. She felt horrible for yelling at him when she had done the same thing to protect the person she loved. Except in her case, she would have been dead and he would have to remember her while she'd have no recollection of him if he had gone through with the spell.

"We both almost screwed up didn't we?" She whimpered, knowing she could have died if it hadn't been for her sister and Gray wouldn't be here if it weren't for Natsu stopping him. She felt like a hypocrite for yelling at him when she had done something similar.

Gray let out a chuckle despite the way his own eyes stung with tears. "We sure did." He sniffled, clearing his throat and pulled her into his chest. "I think we need to make a new promise."

"