::117:: Gray VS Zeref

"I don't care who you are

Where you're from

What you did

As long as you love me"

-Sleeping At Last

Minutes earlier:

"Gray. Natsu's best friend." Zeref said, still sitting calmly as he stared at Gray with a relaxed posture. "Your parents were killed by Deliora, the demon that I created. Defeating this monster took your master's life." He paused to take in Gray's expression. "You must despise me, right?"

"I'm surprised." Gray kept his cool as he gave nothing about his emotions away. "You know quite a lot about people you're not interested in."

"Know thy enemy." The older wizard stated. "Lucy Heartfilia. The descendent of my friend, Anna. A cheerful, positive person, who's had a great impact on Natsu's upbringing. Happy, Natsu's other partner. Asami, Natsu's other best friend and fellow dragon slayer." He paused, noting the flash of anger that flashed through Gray's eyes as he mentioned her. A smirk played on his lips knowing he touched a nerve. "They all share a very strong bond and trust each other. Erza... Wendy... Gajeel... I know every major opponent of mine."

"What are you really aiming for?" Gray demanded. As much as he wanted to punch the evil wizard for mentioning his wife, he knew it wasn't the time yet.

"Do you really need an answer?" Zeref tsked. "I WANT MAVIS' MAGIC POWER. YOU WANT TO PROTECT HER. ISN'T THAT ENOUGH OF A REASON TO FIGHT?"

"You have a huge army and power of immortality. Why do you need the abilities of the first?"

"To defeat Acnologia." He revealed. A bitter smile on his lips. "If that were my goal, would you lend me a hand?"

"That's not funny." Gray snapped harshly, not even contemplating of ever working with Zeref.

Zeref sighed, already having suspected that to be his reaction. "But... that's the truth. In the end, I'll be able to defeat even Acnologia." He exhaled. "But you know, my true goal. Isn't such an significant feat."

-

-

Gray stared at Zeref with a stunned expression on his face, "What the...?"

"You're the first one to hear it." Zeref said. "I think no one from the twelve knows about it." The ice wizard couldn't believe what he was just told and couldn't say anything else. "Mavis' magic power Fairy Heart is too powerful."

"Are you really going to..." Gray shook his head in disbelief. "No, it's impossible."

"Do I have any idea why I told you this? Natsu is heading here right now." He revealed as he stood up. "But first, you will die." He threatened. "When Natsu arrives, he will look upon the body of his dearest friend. He will be sad and furious. This is my last chance to fight against Natsu with all he's got. You will be the trigger that will unleash his power."

"You wish." Gray muttered, knowing what he needed to do now. "When Natsu'll arrive, there will be nothing from you."

"It's futile. I'm immortal." Zeref voiced. "No one can kill me." He looked at his hand with a bitter smile. "But if you somehow manage to kill me, Natsu will..."

"Yeah, I know."

He gave him surprised look. "Oh, so you already knew that Natsu is E.N.D"

Natsu... is Natsu." Gray stated, he clenched his fists. "I wanted to blame someone for the deaths of my parents and Ur. And that someone was E.N.D." He paused. "But now knowing that it's Natsu... I care more about those who are still alive!" He looked at Zeref with a newfound determination. "I don't care what they are. They are my friends."