::58:: Haru

"When I saw you I fell in love,

And you smiled because you knew."

-William Shakespeare

Blue eyes fluttered open as they gazed up at the blue sky, the stream of water and the trees surrounding the area. It was still early afternoon she noted. Asami sat up albeit reluctantly feeling a bit tired since she'd been in the woods training since early morning. She was trying to perfect her Secret Slayer Art Death Scythe and try to maintain it as long as possible. Her eyes flicker to the few trees she managed to destroy although it wasn't enough since her scythe didn't hold long enough for her to deliver enough damage.

It had been about a year that she's been in Fairy Tail and in that time they had new members join the guild. After she had arrived another dragon slayer name Natsu Dragneel joined and formed a rivalry with Gray. Natsu also seemed to form a quick attachment to her since they were the only one who used dragon slayer magic and bonded over the fact that they were taught by dragon's. They swore they would help each other in searching for their missing parents.

Three siblings also joined the guild and their older sister Mirajane also formed a rivalry but with Erza. It was a bit hectic at the guild with those four starting fights. Lisanna seemed to have a crush on Natsu which was funny watching the boy get flustered when Lisanna would say they would get married. The middle sibling Elfman had a more shy personality compared to his sister's and usually kept to himself.

Not to mention that the Master's grandson, Laxus became S-Class during the trials that they apparently held once a year. She cheered on for Cana who chose Levy as her partner since they made a deal but, was saddened for her friend who didn't win. She had met the guild's strongest Gildarts and asked Cana if they were related. The brunette confessed that he was her father but planned on telling him only after she made S-Class. The blue eyed girl promised to be there for her friend if she needed her and Cana was grateful to her. The two had quickly created a strong friendship.

Her nose suddenly twitched catching the minty scent that belonged to only one person she knew. Gray Fullbuster. It took her a while to learn everyone's scent but she managed. Tilting her head slightly she called his name out. Once he stepped into view she gave him confused look. "Did you need something, Gray?" She asked curiously.

"Uh. Well, you weren't at the guild and I figured you were training. What was it that you were trying to do?" He asked, hoping that he didn't sound too nervous. He had been at the guild early hoping to go on a job with Asami since their magic complimented each other. It wasn't like he had a crush on her or anything.....Okay he was lying. It had been a couple months ago that the anniversary that his Master had died and he had cried in Asami's arms. It was in that moment that he realized how comfortable he was with her, enough that he let her see him cry and that he trusted her. He realized he was in love with her.