::123:: Epilogue

"Do fairies have tails?

More than that,

Do fairies even exist?

Nobody knows for sure.

So this guild is like them,

An eternal mystery,

An eternal adventure."

-Makarov Dreyar

-

X793: 1 year after the war

The guild was in the middle of celebrating over the fact that Lucy had won an award for the book she had been writing. Majority of the members were all drunk or fighting playfully amongst each other. The air was light and happy as the threat of Zeref and Acnologia no longer lingered in the air.

The last year had been spent partying and fixing up the places that had been wrecked because of the fighting. The Fairy Tail Guild had once again gotten a new renovation as half of it had been destroyed.

In the last year, the romance had definitely escalated as couples had begun forming. Levy and Gajeel had gotten together as well as Evergreen and Elfman including Lyon who had proposed to Juvia recently after months of dating. And there was also the recent coupling of Lucy and Natsu who had both accidentally blurted out their feelings for each other. Although the relationship with Erza and Jellal was a bit complicated since the former criminal was still adjusting to his new found freedom.

As for Asami and Gray, the two who made a promise to start a family after the war had decided to spend some time enjoying their marriage life together as they hadn't had the chance before with everything going on in their lives. Wendy had started visiting Chelia over at Lamia Scale, the two of them had participated in the Thanksgiving Day Festivities again. Haru had refused to have Wendy get rid of his scar as he thought it gave him a tough look even though Asami told him he would always be adorable in her eyes regardless. He had blushed at her comment and told her he wasn't cute.

"Poor Lucy." Asami sweat dropped watching Cana making the blonde chug down a bottle of alcohol.

"It's a joyous occasion! Bottoms up!" Cana exclaimed cheerfully through her drunk voice.

Gray chuckled nervously beside her. "I think you mean poor Lyon." He muttered, his gaze on his friend who was currently trying to stop Juvia from stripping her clothes while Gildarts was cheering her on. He sweat dropped as he watched Lyon pleading for Juvia to stop stripping.

"You gross old man!" Cana snapped at her father as she whacked him on the head as she saw what her dad was doing.

"You would think everyone's alcohol tolerance would be better with all the parties and celebrations we have." Asami mumbled, her eyes flickering over to Haru who was having a fish eating contest with Happy before looking at her husband.

He glanced down at her. "You haven't taken a sip of your drink." He noted, seeing her glass full.

"Hm." She pursed her lips, avoiding his gaze. "Hey, Gray? Do you think we can get out of here?" She mumbled softly.

He blinked in surprise, looking at her curiously. "Sure." He said standing up, leading her away from the guests. "Are you feeling okay? It isn't the scar bothering you right? Because we can ask Wendy--"

"It's not the scar." She muttered, the two stopped on top of the small bridge. At the beginning the scar under her chest would ache but it had long since stopped being a problem. She knew Gray didn't like seeing her scar because he felt guilt for what happened but she reminded him that he had the same one. The scars they wore were proof that they had survived and she didn't mind it. "I just wanted to tell you something that happened a few days ago."