::119:: Saving A Friend

"Alone

we can do

so little,

Together

we can do

so much."

-Helen Keller

"Lucy!"

"What's happening to her body?!"

"AH!" The celestial wizard cried out in pain as her friends were panicking over the markings on her body. She felt like her body was on fire and wanted the pain to stop. Tears welled up in her brown eyes as her body trembled in agony.

"Hang on!" Gray tried to grab her to keep her from falling but pulled his hand away when he felt his skin burn at her touch. "Hot!"

Lucy whimpered in pain and wrapped her arms around her waist as if that were to stop the pain she felt. "It's hot. Something inside my body..."

Asami pursed her lips in worry as she stared at the blonde crying out in pain. "Could it be Natsu's demonic flame?" She muttered, wondering if it was because the book was a part of Zeref's dark magic that it was affecting Lucy the way it was.

Gray, Haru, and Happy looked at her curiously before they looked at the book and Lucy.

"But this... is a clue..." Lucy mumbled, grabbing her head as she winced at the pain but did her best to bare through it. She needed to save Natsu and ignore her own pain. "Maybe this magic power can rewrite the demon inside Natsu."

"But Lucy, you..." Happy stared at her in concern as he saw her wincing at the pain she was in.

"I'm fine." She whispered quietly, giving him a forced smile as she bit back a whimper. That is until she felt a chill in the air and something wet being pressed around her body. "It's cold." She mumbled in surprise. She looked at the couple who sharing a look of understanding and saw that it was them using their magic to keep her body from overheating.

Gray was chilling the air with his ice make magic while Asami was wrapping her body with water that soothed the ache she had been feeling. She sent them a grateful smile.

"Let's go save Natsu." Gray stated.

The group nodded, smiling. "Yeah!"

They watched as Lucy immediately set back to work by rewriting the book and saving Natsu

-

Zeref stared at Natsu with a look of disbelief. "The wounds disappeared?" He breathed in shock as Natsu continued to breath heavily.

Speaking of which, where is the Book of E.N.D?! No... someone rewrote it?! He thought as his eyes widened a bit. I can't believe that a human was able to handle the demonic letters! A small twitch of lips tugged upwards as he felt no worry. But even so, those who tried were eventually corrupted... and fell into darkness...