::63:: Wagers

"I'll always be by your side, just like the wind that flows through your hair

"I'll always be by your side, just like the wind that flows through your hair."

-Yagami Kazuma

It was now Day 2 of the GMG. On Day 1 after Hidden, the one on one battles had begun. Lucy and Flare of Raven Tail had gone up against each other although it had ended in Lucy's loss after one of Flare's teammates had intercepted the Celestial mages spell, causing her to pass out from exhaustion. Flare had also cheated by threatening to hurt an unsuspecting Asuka who was cheering for Lucy.

The 2nd match was between Ren of Blue Pegasus and Arana of Mermaid Heel with Ren winning. The 3rd match was between Orga of Sabertooth who defeated War Cry of Quatro Cerebus. And the last match was Jellal vs Jura. Jellal lost by laughing himself unconscious. Asami who was sitting with Gray figured it had to have been Meredy's doing, since she herself had gotten hit with that magic 7 years ago.

Asami sweat dropped. "I don't even have words for this." She said, watching how Gajeel seemed ready to puke on the moving chariot.

"I do. It's pathetic." Laxus muttered.

"Does it affect you too, Laxus?" Mirajane asked innocently.

Laxus' eye twitched. "Just don't let Natsu know."

"I guess it's a male dragon slayer thing." Asami mumbled, knowing how both her and Wendy had yet to suffer any motion sickness.

"I don't get it. Can you explain something to me!" Sting said, standing still on the moving chariot watching Natsu and Gajeel both push themselves to get closer to the finish line despite their upset stomachs. "Why'd you even bother entering the tournament? I mean you're nothing like the Fairy Tail I knew growing up. You're obsessed with how tough you are and what the rest of the world thinks of you. What happened to the Fairy Tail of my childhood? The guild that did whatever the hell it wanted, whenever it wanted. They never cared what anybody else said or thought of them." He spat out with resentment.

"The reason we're here is for our friends." Natsu gritted out as he pushed himself to move. "The ones who waited for us, for all the years we were gone. Who fought through the pain and the heartache. They were humiliated but even so they stayed strong and they kept our guild together. We're doing this for all of them. And we're gonna make sure that everyone here knows....The Fairy Tail guild never gave up. Not for an instant! So there's no way I'm gonna give up now!"

The Fairy Tail members cried hearing his heartfelt words while the ones who were gone for those 7 years smiled at his choice of words. They would suffer the humiliation of losing for now but they knew that at the end of the games they would be number 1 again. They weren't just apart of the games for fun but to make up for everything their guild members went through in their absence.

In the end Natsu won his team 2 points and Gajeel getting 1 point, tying both teams.

❄💧❄💧