::106:: The Winter General

In this part of the story I am the one who dies,

The only one,

And I will die of love because I love you,

Because I love you,

Love,

In fire and blood.

-Pablo Neruda

The tension in the air grew more and more tense as the two ice wizard's had yet to make a move. The only sounds heard was the gusts of wind that the blizzard around them created.

Invel's eyes flickered to the Fairy Tail members that were frozen solid and raised a hand to attack them. Seeing this Gray quickly stepped in front of them. "SHIELD!" He slammed his fist down to his palm. "ICE IMPACT!" He raised a fist in the air. "ICE-MAKE"

The Winter General's stoic expression never wavered as he stopped the giant hammer that was about to hit him from above. "I see. Ice molding magic. No wonder you were able to withstand my cold."

He shattered it after freezing it, Gray's eyes widened. "My molding magic...He froze then shattered it?!"

"I am the purest of Ice mages." The white haired mage said. "I do not simply make toys out of ice. I use the very essence of ice itself to freeze all. Your derivative flailings could never hold a candle to me. I will break them as easily as I would a child's playthings."

"Then how about this stuff?" Black markings began appearing on Gray's body, he had no choice but to pull out his other magic. "I inherited this power from my old man. The power to slay devils." Invel's eyes widened, a flicker of recognition for the magic. "A power for defeating E.N.D itself." Gray's eyes hardened as he got into his stance. "ICE DEVIL'S ZEROTH LONGSWORD!" He rushed past Invel as he cut him with the the sword.

The white haired mage let out a cry of pain, he grimaced as he took note of the cut he received. "This.... This power... devil slayer magic?!" He gritted his teeth. He uses the power to mold ice weapons?! But... His eyes narrowed at the markings Gray had. This power eats away at the soul. Those who hunt devils cannot long retain their sanity. His lips twitched up into a smirk. You have my attention.

He took the longsword head on, stopping it with his bare hands which angered Gray. The blizzard spread to the rest of the battlefield, reaching as far as to where Zeref was, who realized that it was Invel causing the change in weather.

Gray kept his gaze on Invel as there was low visibility because of the snowstorm. It's cold! Cold enough to freeze! But...

"You have what it takes to stand alongside me as a comrade." The Winter General said, realizing that Gray had the potential of becoming a member of the Spriggan 12 because of the devil slayer magic he possess. "I fear you yourself are unaware of it, but your heart is slowly being tainted by darkness."