::82:: F.A.C.E

The measure of a man what he does with power.

-Plato

Member of Fairy Tail paired up into groups and each went to look for former members of the wizard council in order to protect them from Tartaros while also getting information as to why they were being targeted.

Asami, Gray, and Haru were one group. They were on their way to protect Master Hogg.

"We're almost there." Gray said, holding the reigns of the animal.

Asami who had her arms wrapped around his waist to keep herself from falling off while Haru was flying beside them. "I hope we get there in time." She muttered. She wore her usual outfit that consisted of her long red sleeved blouse and black skirt that was paired with black thigh high boots. Over her blouse was her black cape.

Suddenly the animal they are riding stops abruptly and crouches down as if in fear of something. "Easy! What's the matter?" Gray asked the animal that whined in protest.

"What happened?" Haru asked floating above them as he looked at the animal and back at them.

Asami furrowed her brows and glanced up ahead to where the town was. "I think it's afraid."

"Who knows what's waiting for us." Gray muttered looking up ahead as well, not liking the feeling he was getting.

"Well it's definitely not good." Haru said in between the couple and snuggled into Asami's stomach feeling suddenly afraid.

❄💧❄💧

"You found Master Hogg?" Makarov asked them once they connected the communication lacrima to the one back at the guild hall.

"We did but, Tartaros found him first." Gray said, his tone filled with remorse and disappointment that they hadn't made it time.

"Just how late were we? Has the culprit left?"

"Late and yes." Asami clenched her fists tightly as her stomach churned from seeing what the town had looked like when they walked through it. "The culprit left but not without destroying the town on their way out." Haru came back after flying around town to make sure if anyone was still there and shook his head, disappointing them.

Makarov gasped at the sight of the town. "Such horrific destruction."

Asami, Gray, and Haru watched as they switched to team Shadowgear who was with Gajeel and Pantherlily to see if they had any luck. But, just like them, they were too late. However, the person who killed the councilwoman that Gajeel's group was supposed to protect, left the town unharmed.

They were awaiting Lisanna and Elfman to communicate with them, including Natsu's group.

Suddenly, Lucy's face popped up on the lacrima screen. "Hey! It's working!" The blonde exclaimed in relief, although her clothes were tattered. "Hey, gramps! Can you hear me?!"

"Lucy?! What happened?!" Makarov questioned, take note that her appearance seemed like she was in a fight.

"I'd have contacted you sooner if I could." She said. "But, we ran into trouble on the mission."

"Have you located Michello?"

"Yeah! He's safe and sound."

Everyone sighed in relief to know that at least one group was able to save one of the council members.

"But, we can't say the same for Natsu though." She muttered, holding the communication lacrima to show them Natsu who was lying on the ground with a disheveled appearance like the rest of his group, however he was the only one who look the worst out of them.