Chapter 2

It was a clear evening that day, after a long day at work she decided to walk to pick her daughter up. She quickly called Sam letting him know she wasn't too far away, thoughts flowing around her head after her first day of teaching.

She knocked on the door for it to be open swiftly, "Connie- should I say Miss.Chase." Sam smirked, "Shut up." She rolled her eyes smiling gently. The pair had decided, not long after Connie found out she was pregnant, they didn't work well together and would prefer to co-parent their baby. "How was it?" He smiled as Grace went to get her bag, she nodded "Yeah... Good, I mean it could have gone worse." She smiled, he nodded going to help Grace with her coat, "Well I'll see you Friday." He spoke as he also helped Grace put her bag pack on. "Bye daddy." Grace smiled hugging him tightly, "Bye." He smiled watching her skip off happily to her mother. "Bye Sam." "Bye." He smiled again watching as they walked down the drive.

They walked through the park, chatting away to eachother about their days. Connie not noticing Jacob sat on the grass with a few friends, "Isn't that one of your tutors?" Emily inquired, he hummed and smiled seeing the little girl "Yeah." He added, she nodded "I'll be right back I need to ask about some homework." He smiled swiftly getting up and rushing over as they continued to walk on.

"Miss! Miss! Miss Chase!" He yelled, slowly catching up to them. She spun around, raising an eyebrow "Are you stalking me Jacob?" She teased, as Grace stepped behind her mother, peering around slightly. "Um.. no... course not... sorry... I Um just wanted to ask... that sheet thing-" He stammered watching the smirk on her face grow "What about it, make it quick." "Jacob!" Elle yelled "Hurry up Cal's here... with the drinks!" She added, Jacob laughed awkwardly. "Look... Miss, can I walk you to the top gate? I need a break before I have to endure Cal." Connie rolled her eyes, biting the inside of her lip to stifle her laugher, "I suppose." She exhaled, lifting Grace up, who cuddled into her instantly. "She yours?" He asked politely, Connie nodded looking down a little placing a gentle kiss on her daughters head. He smiled brefily "How old?" "She is three." Connie spoke, he nodded "Who's the lucky guy?" He asked absentmindly, Connie raised an eyebrow "Sorry... I didn't mean it like that... Well I did but not- I just meant the guy must be lucky." He exhaled, Connie nodded "Jacob... your friends will be waiting." He shrugged "Mummy... Can we watch Rapunzle?" Grace looked rubbing her eye a little, "When we get home, Course we can." Connie smiled warmly, she nodded cuddling into her again. "I miss my brother being that old." Jacob chuckled, "How old is he now?" "Eight." He sighed. Connie laughed as her phone began to ring, managing to answer it.
"Connie... Grace left her other jacket... the thicker one."
"Well you best hope the weather stays warm till Friday."
"It was an accident." He protested
"I do have other jackets Sam... look I'm walking bye." She added bluntly ending the call.

"Daddy?" Grace smiled, Connie nodded "You left you coat, silly Billy." She joked, Grace laughed "No. You silly Billy Mummy." "I don't think so." She laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow Miss." He smiled as they neared the gate, she nodded "Goodbye Jacob." "Bye." He smiled walking slowly back the way he had just walked, his head turning to watch her leave.