Chapter 105

"Lucas come play." Grace smiled, "Grace, Jacob needs to talk with Lucas, so you and Hugo play upstairs okay?" Connie smiled, Grace nodded "Fine." She groaned, stomping off upstairs. Connie rolled her eyes, "She's worse than the actual teenager." She teased, "Hey I'm not that bad." He smirked, she laughed gently, "No, I suppose not." He shook his head laughing, "I'll leave you to it." She smiled kissing him, he took her hand "Stay." He whispered, "I'm no good at this." He commented, "You're just fine at it... it's not my business to get involved in." She smiled, "Please." He begged, she nodded "I'm not getting involved though." He nodded smiling.

"Lucas, what's going on?" Jacob asked his younger brother, "You said I could come." Lucas protested, "Yeah but not without Dad knowing and you walking hours-" "We don't live that far anymore." "So where do you live?" "Not that far... I don't know like it didn't take long to get here." "Lucas, I need you to tell me the truth." Jacob sighed, Connie placed a hand to Jacob's arm, "He'll tell you when he's ready." She whispered gently. He nodded exhaling, "Lucas, would you like me to phone your dad to pick you up?" Connie smiled kindly "Or it's could drive you home." She added, Lucas shrugged "I don't mind. Jacob why are you mad at me? You said I can come here." Lucas frowned, "Lucas I'm not mad at you, I just want to know the truth." "I'm telling the truth! Unlike you can!" "Lucas that not fair!" "It's not fair that I didn't know! It's not fair I'm stuck with dad! It's not fair you just forgot about me!" "Lucas... I didn't forget about you." Jacob groaned, "Yes you did! I got sent away and you never came to visit!" "Lucas, I told you Dad said-" "I don't care! You should have come." "Jacob he has a point." Connie whispered, "Wow. Thanks Connie, thanks for making me feel shiter than I already do." He groaned getting up, she followed him into the hall "Jacob, I didn't mean it like that." She sighed, as he put his coat on, "Jacob where are you going?" "Out." He snipped "Jacob don't just walk away from him." "Yeah well he's use to me just disappearing." He groaned, slamming the door on his way out.

Connie exhaled rubbing her face, coming back into the kitchen picking up Afia who had started to cry, Lucas looked at her "Did I make him angry?" "No course not." She smiled rocking Afia, "Did you make him angry?" "Maybe." She smiled sadly, looking back to Afia, soothing her. "I was telling the truth... Dad and that girlfriend broke up so we moved house." Connie nodded, "Jacob just needed some air." She smiled sitting down next to him, "He's just worried about you-" "But he didn't before." Lucas sighed, "He did." Connie smiled gently, "Things are... are complicated with your Dad and Jacob and sometimes they get angry with eachother... they say things they do mean and your Dad said he wanted Jacob to stay away from you both, Jacob did care Lucas... He does care about you, your his little brother." He looked at her, nodding "It feels like he forgot about me." "I know... but he didn't and now he's just worried about you... he's a bit worried why your dad hasn't phoned to see where you are." "He works away at weekends." Lucas looked at her, "What?" "He works away at weekends." Lucas repeated, "So who looks after you?" "Dad." He frowned confused at what she meant, "No, on the weekends." "Dad... he leaves food and everything, I know what to do." He smiled proudly, "Oh right." Connie commented, smiling a little. "I like you Connie... you talk to me like I'm big." He smiled, she smiled back, "I'll be two minutes." She smiled.

"Jacob answer your bloody phone!" She snipped as it had rang out to voicemail, calling him again but the same happening. "Jacob, just... ugh! Pick up, it's about Lucas." A few seconds later he answered
"What Connie?"
"If you're going to be like that, I'll wait till you get back." She snapped
"If your phoning me to have a dig I'll just end the call."
"Go ahead! If you'd have let me explain you'd have realised I wasn't saying he was right... I was trying to say to him that's how it feels."
"Well all you said was, he has a point, sorry if I took that the wrong way!"
"Jacob I've not phoned you to discuss this... Lucas, he's telling the truth, just come home so I can tell you."
"Right." He stated bluntly, hanging up and making his way home, Connie sending Lucas upstairs to play.

Jacob came back, taking his coat off he looked at her as she stood in the door frame. He sighed quietly, "Sorry." She nodded "I'm not discussing it... just come and sit down." He exhaled moving past her sitting on the sofa, she shut the door "Your Dad... he works away weekends, leaving Lucas at home... and he doesn't live that far away." "What?" "He leaves him with food and I think Lucas thinks it's okay." He sighed heavily, she came and sat on his lap, wiping away the tears that had started to fall, "I've let him down Con." She shook her head cupping his cheeks, "I've lied to him, left him, got angry at him, thought he was lying to me-" "Stop it, you've only let him down if you don't try to fix it." "How I'm suppose to fix this mess Con?" "Do one thing this family is good at." She smiled gently, "Show him some love, let him stay when your dad's away, let him know that we're always there, be his big brother, be Jacob." She spoke gently, he looked at her "I love you." He stated, "I love you too." She smiled, covering his lips with hers. "Where is he?" "Playing upstairs." He nodded "I'll talk with him later-" "This time treat him like an adult, he prefers it." "He's nine-" "He prefers it." She repeated, Jacob nodded, "I'll talk with my dad too... can I treat him like a child, he acts like one." He groaned, she laughed gently, "Is that a yes?" "Stop getting me involved with stuff to do with your father." She chuckled, he nodded smiling. "I'm sorry for walking out." "Hm... seen as the house is full looks like you're on the sofa." She smirked, "But-" "Enjoy." She teased, kissing him lovingly, "But we are fine now." He pouted "And your still staying on the sofa." She laughed, he rolled his eyes "I'm sorry-" "Mm... I'll think about it, but begging Mr.Masters gets you know where." He laughed gently.