Chapter 89

"And that is this year over." He grinned lifting her up, she squeeled gently, smiling fondly forgetting she was stood outside the collage, students looking at them. She cupped his cheeks pressing her lips to his softly "And not long till your results." She added, he nodded smiling "And now I get to stay in bed with you all day." He grinned, she laughed rolling her eyes "On could dream Mr.Masters but I'm pretty sure we have children." "You get my point though." He laughed, "I'm not sure I do." She teased, "You know Miss.Chase, you can be very... very-" "Think Wisely about your next few words." She looked raising her brow, "Beautiful." He smirked, she shook her head kissing him once more as he placed her down.

"Right, let's go and get Grace and Hugo." Connie nodded smiling, she cuddled into his side as Jacob pushed the pram. "We've had a very chatty day today, haven't we?" Connie cooed looking down at Afia, she kicked her feet out making some noise, Jacob smiled fondly. "Is it bad I couldn't imagine life with out her... like she's always just been here." He looked, she looked up smiling "It gets like that." She smiled, "In all honesty, I don't remember life without you or Grace or Hugo or Afia." Connie smiled warmly "I love you." She smiled, "I love you more." He grinned.

"When we get back can you watch Grace and Afia please?" She looked as they stood outside school, "Yeah course, no need to ask, why?" He smiled "I'm taking Hugo for some ice cream... like I said today has been a very chatty day... for us both." She sighed, "What's happened?" "Jim... Jim wants to take him on holiday for two weeks over the summer." She looked, "Oh... I see." "And I don't think any of that is in Hugo's plans." She looked, he nodded and kissed her head "It's his choice at the end of the day." Jacob smiled, she nodded smiling fondly.

"Mummy how come we have come out?" Hugo smiled as she drove, "Well we are going to get ice cream." "Why couldn't everyone else come?" He asked "Because we need to talk about something." She smiled, he nodded. "Can we get milkshakes instead?" He smiled, "Course we can." She smiled, he smiled back looking out the window. "Grace got the writing award today." He spoke proudly of her, Connie smiled, "We should bring her something back." "Yeah!" He cheered.

The pair sat facing eachother, Hugo drinking his milkshake, "Hugo." Connie spoke sweetly, he nodded looking at her, "You know your Daddy?" "What about him." "Well he want to take you on holiday over the summer holidays." "No I don't want to... I want to be with you." He begged, "I know and you will come back... you need to meet your other baby sister-" "I don't want to meet her." He frowned, she sighed heavily "Hugo, he's still your Dad and he still wants to see you-" "No he doesn't... he has his stupid girlfriend and his stupid baby and his stupid house and his stupid-" "Hugo... it's not the baby's fault." She looked seriously, "I'm not going." He protested. She looked at him, "I'll talk to him... but if he says you have to you have too." "No I don't your my Mummy now and you can say no... please. I'm happy here." "I'll see what I can do." She smiled, he nodded smiling happily.

They brought Grace and Jacob milkshakes home, Hugo dashed upstairs with Grace. "How did he take it?" "Not very well." She groaned, he nodded pulling her into him, "He'll be fine." "I know." She exhaled, "I just know that Jim's not going to he happy." "He's never happy." He mumbled making Connie laugh. "Now where's my baby, I'm sure she'll be getting hungry." She cooed pulling away and kneeling down to pick Afia up from the bouncer. "It's a kind of take out night?" He questioned, she nodded sitting down on the sofa, feeding Afia. "I don't fancy pizza though." She looked, he nodded sitting next to her "What would you like then?" He smiled kindly, "I think I want Chinese." She looked, "Well then that's what we'll have."

Late that night she lay with her head on his lap, watching a film. A warm smile grew on his lips seeing her fast asleep, carefully he manoeuvred himself free, "What is Mummy like." He laughed looking to Afia, her eyes wide. Carefully he lifted Connie up, carrying her up to bed. He placed her down, covering her with the quilt, her eyes still shut she took hold of his top, gently pulling him to meet her lips. "I love you so much." She mumbled tiredly, "Let me go and get Afia and I'll be back up... okay?" He asked, she nodded letting go, turning on her side.

He brought Afia up, settling her and putting her into her crib. He quietly got into the bed, she opened her eyes slightly smiling widely, she moved cuddling up to him. "Night Sweetcheeks." He whispered, kissing her head, he heard a small murmur from her but couldn't quite make out what she said, simply he tightened his grip on her falling asleep with her.