Chapter 64

"Mummy do we have to go to Nadia's today?" Hugo questioned, "We don't want too, she's boring." Grace giggled, Connie laughed gently turning to face them as they ate their breakfast. "Gracie, that's not very nice-" "But You and Jacob always say we should tell the truth." She protested, "Yes... yes but not if it isn't nice." "Well then why tell me to tell the truth?" "Right, okay well... yes you have to go... we won't be too long." She looked, they nodded.

They dropped Grace and Hugo off at Nadia's, parking up outside the cemetery. He sighed heavily, she looked to him squeezing his thigh "Want me to come with you?" He shook his head, "I'll be fine." She watched as he forced a weak smile. "She'd be proud of you Jacob." Her words soft, he kissed her head gently "I won't be long." She shook her head "Take as long as you need." She smiled.

He slumped down facing her head stone, reading over her name a small tear trickling down his face. "I'm trying my best mum... I know this probably isn't the path you wanted me to take but... but I am happy, I'm really happy." He looked up, fighting the urge to cry, "I've pissed Gran off." He sighed, "We all miss you Mum." Another few tears falling. He took a deep breath "I'm going to be a dad Mum... a better one than dad, I promise... I'm sorry that this might not be what you want for me but I... I really want this now, Connie, Grace, Hugo, mine and Connie's baby, and I. Our family." A small smile slipped on his face, "I think you'd have liked Connie... she's beautiful Mum. She always panics that I'm going to leave her, which I'm not. I never mention how worried I am about her finding someone better... more mature, her age-" He stopped, looking to his right as she knelt down next to him. "You forgot this." She whispered softly handing him the scan photo, he carefully took it, looking at her.

He leaned into her chest crying, she held him tightly, dropping her head she kissed his head gently. Her fingers running through his hair, "I miss her Con... I miss her more than I let on." He cried, "I know... I know." She exhaled, "She's going to be the proudest woman, mother ever." She whispered gently, "How? How Connie?" He sighed, "Because you're going to sit your exams, pass them and do whatever you want and as a mother myself, that's all you want... your child to be happy and do whatever they want." She looked, he nodded looking to her, "I love you." He sobbed, she rubbed away his tears gently, "I love you too... But you're here to talk to your mum not me." She smiled, he nodded resting his head on her shoulder, looking to the head stone. "It's just hard you know." She nodded gently, "It never gets less painful... you just learn to cope." She sighed, he took her hand lacing their fingers. "I'm ready to go." He uttered, she nodded gently. He lent forwards placing the photo on the head stone, "Bye Mum... I love you." He whispered gently, before standing up and helping Connie up.

Arriving home, Hugo and Grace went into the garden to play. "Be careful you two." She called as they ran out, "I don't fancy a trip to A and E." She muttered to herself, as she came into the living room. Grabbing a blanket and remote before sitting down, throwing it over the both of them, "Jay." He hummed gently as she turned the tv on, "Talk to me." She looked, "There nothing to say, I'm fine, I promise." He smiled gently, she nodded "I heard what you said." She stated, he nodded slowly, his eyes leaving hers. "Hey." She spoke, moving her hand to his cheek, their eyes meeting again. "I have not a single plan to ever leave you. I don't think there is anyone better than you, I love you so much okay?" "Sometimes I just worry about it." "Well don't." She smiled, moving to kiss him, " I love you too." He smiled, "Good because we're having our own little human." He laughed gently, as she rested down "That we are beautiful."