Chapter 58

She lay on the sofa, her head on his lap as they watched tv, while Grace and Hugo played upstairs. His hands playing with her hair, a smile on her lips. She exhaled seeing her phone screen flash on, leaning over she grabbed it and read the text Have you told him yet? It's not a game Connie, he needs to know J. She sighed heavily, "Everything okay?" He questioned, "What?" Yeah, yeah... It's just Sam." She lied, quickly firing off a reply There hasn't been the right time, Jac I don't even know if this is the right thing for this family... He has exams, then uni, there is so much going on Jac. C.  A few minutes later and Jac had replied Tell him, he needs to know. J.

"Jacob can we talk?" She looked, sitting up, "Yeah... about what, if it's about the other week I'm sorry-" "No, it's not anything to do with that it's just we need to talk about something-" She sighed hearing the someone knock on the door, "Leave them, they can wait." He smiled, she shook her head "I should get it." She exhaled going to answer the door. "Karen." She smiled through gritted teeth, knowing this wouldn't be a quick visit.

She left a couple hours later, but Connie avoided him till the kids had gone to bed. "Would you like a drink... You're going to need one." She mumbled, "I guess I'll have a drink then." He sighed, "Jacob... don't be in a mood with me, please." She looked, "You tell me we need to talk then avoid me all evening and you expect me not to be in a mood, brilliant." "Jacob if I'd have told you earlier we'd have been interrupted... you know what, you've made the decision already." She snapped, going into the kitchen, he followed her "I can't make a decision on something I don't know about." "The way we keep arguing, it can, trust me." "Aye, we only argue because we love eachother." He looked, she nodded sighing as she handed him a beer. "Are we going to talk?" She nodded, taking his hand and guiding him into the living room.

He looked "Con, whatever it is can't be that bad." She shrugged "Probably is." She mumbled, breathing heavily. "Sweetcheeks, I love you and I'm not going anywhere... no matter what." He smiled gently, caressing her cheek, she placed her hand on top of his. A few tears falling down her cheeks, "Baby, why you crying?" He questioned gently, "You're making promise you don't know you can keep." She sobbed, "Con don't cry beautiful." He smiled, she looked at him. She opened her mouth to speak, finding no words came out. She inhaled deeply, "I love you so much." She looked, "Con? You're not leaving me are you?" He panicked, "No! No, I'd never let go of you if I didn't have to." She smiled gently, he kissed her temple, "What's got you in this state?" "You." She looked, he frowned "What?" "I'm- err... well- you know- Yeah- just-" "Con-" "Pregnant... I'm pregnant." She looked, another tear trickling down her face. "You're pre-" "Carrying your child?... Yeah." She exhaled, standing up. "I'll give you space." She looked, before going upstairs.

I told him. Now I think he hates me, thanks Jac, thanks a bunch. C. It didn't take long before he came into the bedroom. He lay down, looking at her "What do you want me to do?" She asked so quiet, it was almost muted, he burrowed his brows "Con, what do you mean?" "You know what I mean...  I need you to tell me because right now it's just a sack of cells... that's what I keep telling myself anyway." He sighed "It may be a sack of cells... but their our cells forming to make our baby. I'll stand by you what ever decision you want to make, but be honest with yourself." He spoke lacing their fingers together. "I don't want everyone to hate me." She looked, tears spilling over again. He pulled her close "Who would hate you?" "You, your Grandparents... Grace, Hugo everyone." She cried into his chest. He kissed her head gently "I could never hate you, my grandparents will sort themselves out and Grace and Hugo love you so much Con, they'd never hate you and fuck everyone else."

"What about you Jacob, you have collage then uni? You shouldn't have to settle-" "Nothing would be settling, when I'm with you, our family." She nodded a little "What do you want me to do Jacob?" "I'd like you to keep our baby, but it's not my body, it's not my choice alone." "A baby is different to a four year old-" "Never." He smirked, she looked up and smiled a little "How do you do that? Make me feel better." "Magic." He smiled kissing her gently, "All I'm saying is I'd like a human who has a little bit of Connie and a little bit of Jacob in them." He smiled "Jacob you're only seventeen, I wouldn't want to be ruining your life-" "Shut up. Who cares and you wouldn't be ruining my life... I love you and I love this family... just sleep on it, I'm going nowhere anytime soon if ever." He smiled, tucking some hair out of her face.

They lay in silence for a while, she kissed his neck "I want it to stay between us until I'm twelve weeks." She whispered, "You're kee-" "Call me crazy, but yeah... I don't think I could actually go through with it anyway." He took hold of her hips, lifting her onto his waist. "I'm going to be a dad?" He grinned, she nodded smiling, "A dad?" "Certainly are." She grinned kissing him slowly, "You sure you want this?" She asked, he nodded "Course I am... I know things were tough when you were pregnant with Grace, but I promise, I won't let that happen again." He smiled kissing her again, rolling them over "Isn't this what got us in this situation?" He nodded "Well it can't change it." He smirked, lifting her top off reattaching his lips to hers, hungrily.