Chapter 62

He came downstairs confused seeing her and Hugo lay on the sofa, fast asleep. He knelt down, stroking her cheek with his thumb "Sweetcheeks." He whispered gently, she hummed tiredly "Con, you've got work soon." She rubbed her eyes "Does it look like I'm going in." She snapped sleepily. "Sorry." He sighed, she opened her eyes sighing, "Sorry." She looked, he nodded "Why are you two down here?" "He was sick early hours... He still wants to go to school." She chuckled quietly, looking down at him. He smiled warmly, "Well you go and get in bed, I'll carry him up... I'll take Grace in." He smiled caringly.

"Jay." She whispered, turning to the door. He looked down at her smiling "Yes beautiful." "Do I not get a goodbye kiss?" He chuckled coming to kiss her, "Have a nice day off, I'll be back as soon as I can." She kissed him again "I love you... We love you." She grinned, he smiled proudly, "I love you, both too." He smiled, "Now go back to sleep." He added kissing her once more before going to get Grace up and ready for school.

"So Hugo is sick?" Grace questioned as she held his hand, skipping along side him as they walked to her school. "Yeah, he was sick last night... Mummy was up with him so she's a little tired." Grace nodded "It's probably schools food... they are disgusting!" She grimaced, he chuckled. "You should have told me this morning because then I could have wished for him to feel better." She looked, "I will next time." He smiled, she nodded happily. "I love that you and Hugo joined mine and Mummy's family... you make us happier." She spoke sweetly, "Goo-" "Although you can't do my hair very well... I'll forgive you because that's what big girls do." Jacob laughed.

Meanwhile back home Hugo had woke up again, being sick some more. He didn't want to wake Connie, thinking it would be bad for the baby. He checked Grace's room looking for her, before rushing back to the bathroom to be sick again. A small tear left his eye, quickly wiping it away he flushed the contents in the toilet away and went to his room to get ready for school. He came and sat on the bed, waiting for Connie to wake so she could take him to school. After ten minutes he looked to her "Mummy." She stretched gently looking at him, "Hugo? Why are you dressed for school?" "Because I'm going to school, I feel fine now I've been sick again." "Hugo, you can't go in... You've been sick." "But I want to." He frowned, "I know, but you wouldn't want to pass those germs around to your friends would you?" He shook his head "Come on, let's get changed and we can watch films." She smiled, he nodded slowly "Okay."

He sat in her lesson, tapping his pen against the desk not listening to Michael, he hated it when she wasn't in an they got stuck with him. Regardless of his feelings towards either of them, he was just a really shit teacher and he never learnt anything with him. "So Jacob where's that bird of yours?" Cal looked, he rolled his eyes sighing "It's got nothing to do with you." "Come on, she was off the other morning... so were you actually-" "And? Her sons ill." He stated, "She only has a daughter-" "She has a son too, now can you shut up and let me work." Cal leaned back so he could whisper to him, "Jacob... I'd be careful how you're talking to me. I know things that you might not want others to know about... baby." He smirked looking forward, "How do you know?" He glared through gritted teeth, "Well if you forgot, my Gran and your Gran are friends... I'd be nice if I were you." He sighed heavily, "Sir!" He called, "Yes Jacob." "Can I leave?" "Why?" Mr.Beauchamp frowned, "Quite frankly, I don't want to be here and I'm not learning, I'd learn a lot better with my actual teacher." He glared harshly, "No." He snapped, "Fine, I asked but regardless your answer I was going anyway." He smiled putting his things away and standing up, "Jacob!" "Bye sir, have a good evening." He added leaving the room.

"You're back early." She commented as he came into the bed room, Hugo fast asleep next to her. "Yeah... any chance you could help a man out?" He smiled, "What have you done." "Before you yell, remember you're carrying our child and you love lots." "Jacob-" "I walked out your class-" "Jacob!" "Sh... Hugo is sleeping and I don't learn with the prick anyway." She exhaled "Also... Cal knows." "What?" She frowned "Yeah... see my Grans told his Gran." She sighed "Looks like we have announcing to be doing tomorrow." "What?" He gasped, she nodded "Surprisingly I'm only going to get bigger they are bound to find our soon anyway." He nodded smiling gently, "Have you spoke-" "No." He sighed, "Alright." She looked. "I'll get Firecracker." He smiled, she nodded looking to Hugo, who was asleep cuddling her, she ran her fingers through his hair sighing. "He's not eaten today, he just throws it back up." Jacob looked to him, "Recon he needs a doctor." She shook her head "Not yet."