Chapter 85

She lay fast asleep in Jacob's arms, he too sleeping. Only to be woke at around three by a screaming Afia, she nudged Jacob's arm, "It's your turn to get her." She spoke tiredly, he groaned pulling himself up. Tonight had been the worst night, she'd been up four times already. "Hey shhh..." He soothed, lifting her out the crib, "Fifi." He cooed as she continued to cry, bringing her back to the bed as Connie turned the lamp on taking her.

He sat back on his side of the bed, kissing Connie's head lovingly. She looked up smiling tiredly, "You okay?" He questioned, she nodded "I think someone's having a growth spirt." She smiled, he nodded resting his head on her shoulder, "You go back to sleep." She whispered kissing his head, he shook his head gently "Jacob you have collage-" "If I go in... we aren't even doing anything." He protested, "You have to go in." "Why?" He groaned, "I said so." She chuckled, "I guess I'll have to then." He smiled, she nodded.

He in fact, went to Collage and stayed out of trouble Friday. He walked home with Lofty, groaning as he remembered that he was at Cal's tonight.

He walked into the house seeing Connie rushing around gathering things, Grace and Hugo stood in their coats. "Mummy said we are going out." Grace looked, he nodded "Yeah." He smiled gently, moving to stop Connie in her tracks. "Afternoon." She smiled tiptoing up she kissed him, "Afternoon... How was your day?" "Good, Collage?" "Alright." He smiled kissing her once again, "We need to hurry up if we want to get there on time." "I don't really want to get there." He mumbled, she rolled her eyes "Well we are, I'm sure Debbie will be in a lovely mood." He laughed, "You're going to make me go aren't you?" "It's not like I'm dying to go Mr.Masters." He kissed her deeply, "I love you." "Mm, I love you too." She grinned.

He held the car seat in in right hand, Connie carrying the bag holding Hugo and Grace's hand while Jacob knocked on. Cal's dad, Martin, answered. "You must be Jacob." He looked, Jacob nodded "This is Connie, Grace, Hugo and this one is Afia." Jacob smiled kindly, "Okay... Come in." The four followed in "Jacob mate, take a seat." Cal smiled, the group sat down, "Your Gran shouldn't be too long." Afia started crying, Jacob lifted her out removing her hat and coat. "Mummy, Afia's crying again." Grace groaned covering her ears, "I know." Connie laughed kissing her head, "So what's it like being a dad Jacob?" Martin questioned, "Yeah, it's tiring but I wouldn't change it." Martin nodded, as Debbie came in startled by the amount of people.

"Jacob?" She questioned, he nodded "Yeah?" "Sorry it's just a shock, I wasn't expecting you." He nodded refusing to look at her, Grace and Hugo leaning over him pulling faces at their little sister. "Why doesn't she laugh?" Hugo asked, "She's too little... she doesn't know how too." Jacob chuckled, "But she will?" He nodded "Yeah, she just has to learn... soon she'll be a monkey like you." Hugo laughed, going back to pulling faces. "Well why are you here?" Debbie frowned, "Cal invited us." Cal sighed hearing them arguing, "Miss I know I was a pain but you were better than Mr.Beauchamp." Connie smiled a little "Thank you." She looked to Jacob who was also now pulling funny faces at Afia, she nudged Jacob's arm gently, "Talk to your Gran." She whispered, "I have nothing to say to her." He groaned, "Jacob I can hear you-" "That was the point." He quipped, "What is your problem?" Debbie questioned, he scoffed "Don't play dumb... you know what my problem is and I don't even think you've apologised to Connie or I." "Jacob it's fine." Connie reasoned, "Well it's not... she wanted you to kill our baby-" "Jacob." Connie looked, "And she wanted me to leave you and-" "Jacob." She said a little louder, "And she was going to pay you-" "Jacob!" "And she was cheating on my Grandad-" "Jacob-" "An-" He exhaled, "I told you this was a bad idea." He looked sadly, she looked at him, carefully taking Afia "Calm down, I said it's fine." She smiled, "I don't want to be calm with her." He rolled his eyes, "Please." "Oh don't you play the Saint." Debbie looked to her, "Debbie I'm trying to put-" "Shut up, you're acting like an angel, you've ruined his life!" Debbie yelled, taking Connie by surprise, "I didn't mean too." She whispered, carefully placing Afia back in the car seat "Grace, Hugo, come on." She whispered to them lifting it up, quickly walking out Grace and Hugo following. "Well done!" He clapped, "The only person ruining my life is you!" He snapped, getting into another argument.

She sat in the car sobbing silently, Afia crying in the back. "Mummy." Grace called, "Mummy Afia's crying." She added, "Grace I'm not stupid I can hear!" She snapped, "Sorry... I was just saying." She looked her bottem lip trembling as she started crying. "Just shut up! Shut up the pair of you." She pleaded rubbing her tears away. "I said I was sorry." Grace sobbed, Afia beginning to get louder. Connie saying nothing. A few minutes later Jacob came out hearing her, he frowned and leaned into the back taking her out and settling her before placing her back in. He got into the front "Connie?" "Shut up." She pleaded, looking to him she let a fresh set of tears trickle down her cheeks. He took her hand "Con, you haven't ruined my life." She didn't say anything instead she fell into him sobbing "I'm so sorry." She cried, he kissed her head running his fingers through her hair "You have nothing to be sorry for." He soothed.

Once home Connie stayed sat in the car for a minute, Jacob taking Afia in. She got out taking Grace's hand making her turn around. She dropped to her level, hugging her tightly "I'm sorry baby... I was upset and took it out on you." Grace nodded hugging her back as Connie kissed her head lovingly, "Don't tell Hugo but you can sleep in bed with Jacob and I tonight." She smiled a little "I still love you Mummy." "Good." She smiled.

"Well Hugo and I have a proposition." Jacob smiled as they came in, "And what would that be?" "Pizza for dinner!" Hugo cheered, "Yes!" Grace squeeled, "That's that settled." Connie smiled and they ran upstairs. She came closer falling into his arms "I don't know what happened before." "Connie, it's fine... nobody got hurt... I'm sorry that we had to go there." She shook her head "I was the one who made us." "This is nobody's fault but hers okay, you haven't ruined my life... you've made my life millions better." He looked lifting her head gently, kissing her deeply and slowly. She smiled warmly as Afia began to cry again. "I think she's hungry." She smiled slipping away to feed her, Jacob ordering the Pizzas.