Chapter 93

"Jim promise me he's going to be okay." Connie looked at him seriously, "Connie he is my son." Jim groaned, "And I can't say you've acted like his farther." She glared, he sighed heavily, "Jim, I need to know his feelings are going to matter too. Your priority may be Kira and your other child, but mine is Hugo, so promise me Jim." "It's not like I'm about to go and hurt him-" "Maybe not physically but mentally, you cannot just walk in and out of a child's life, be there when it suits you." she snapped, "Connie he's my son." he snipped, "And legally he's also mine, to me he is my son too, so don't you dare pull that one! He's your son when you can be bothered." he looked at her "Fine, I promise." "I mean it Jim... He ends up hurt and this won't happen again." she exhaled going to the car.

Hugo got out, pulling his case, Connie dropped to his level. Jim watching them, Hugo wrapped his arms around her tightly "I want to stay at home." he whispered in her ear, she kissed his head gently "Daddy promised you'll have fun." she smiled, "What if I don't?" he questioned, "You get Daddy to phone me and I'll come and get you." Hugo nodded, "I love you." "I love you too... Now go and have fun, be Hugo, my favorite boy ever!" he nodded grinning, Connie stood back up watching him get into the car, "Oh and Jim." Connie called, Jim turned to look at her, "He's good with babies... Not to rough at all, like Kira says." she looked, Jim nodded getting into the car, Connie stood waving him off before getting back into the car.Connie had planned to meet with Jeremy to discuss coming back, Jacob at home with Grace, Afia asleep in her car seat.

She sat with Afia on her knee, looking to the door as it opened. Jeremy quietly came and sat down, looking at her, "Look, I'm going to be honest... We need you back-" "I heard." she interjected, "It won't just be helping us, it will be helping the students." "No. Don't you guilt trip me Jeremy or the answer is no." She glared, "Connie, I'm begging you." "Your expecting me to make this decision now aren't you?" "I need to know." he looked pleadingly, "Jeremy, I need you to be honest with me." He nodded looking at her worriedly, "How much work is it going to be?" Jeremy exhaled "A lot-" "I have three children, a partner. I'm not willing to sacrifice time with them over a job." she protested, Jeremy nodded "I know, I get that... You will be head of the department and you could always split the work with staff, you chose how your department is run, Michael liked doing all the work... others haven't, Connie please." Connie looked at him sighing heavily "I can bring her?" He nodded "I trust that you won't sacrifice the students learning... Yes, you can bring her." A moment of silence occurred as she thought, "I'll come back." she stated, "Connie, thank you so much!" "Well I have missed it." she smiled gently, he nodded "She's beautiful by the way." he commented, nodding his head at Afia, "Thank you." she smiled.

"Well Muscles." she smirked coming over to him, "You no longer have to miss me." he smirked placing his hands on her hip, "That so?" She nodded, claiming his lips. "You and Grace have fun?" he nodded "We did, didn't we Firecracker?" "Yeah!" she called before taking a bite out of her sandwich, "It doesn't feel right, him not being here." she whispered, "Hey he'll be back soon." she nodded, "I worried he's going to be upset all weekend." "He's strong." he smiled kissing her head, moving to take Afia out the car seat "And how was my baby?" he questioned, "Perfect as always." she grinned, going to sit with Grace.