Chapter 92

She woke early the next morning, brushing the hair out her face she straddled his waist, leaning down, she stroked his cheek with the back of her index finger. "Morning Muscles." She spoke softly as his eyes flickered open, a smile growing on his face, "Morning Sweetcheeks." She lent down again kissing him, resting their foreheads against one another, "Did last night really happen?" She asked quietly, he took her hand "Well that ring suggests so." He smirked, she laced their fingers together, "I love you." She grinned, "I love you more." He smiled kissing her again, "You can go back to sleep now... I just wanted to make sure I haddn't dreamt it." She smiled, "Not one bit." He grinned sitting up. "We could have a picnic in the park today?" She suggested, pulling the dressing gown over her frame, "That'd be nice." He smiled, "Hugo goes away next weekend." She sighed, "It's only a weekend-" "A weekend of him being unhappy." She looked sadly, "He might not Con... He might get on with his sister." Connie nodded,  picking Afia up out the crib. "I hope so." She exhaled going downstairs. 

Grace and Hugo sat eating their breakfast as Jacob came down, seeing Connie making a Coffee, Afia on her hip. He slowly walked over wrapping his arms around her waist, kissing her cheek. She smiled fondly as he took Afia off of her, going to sit with Hugo and Grace. She came over handing him a coffee, "Thank you." He smiled gently, she nodded smiling as she watched Grace and Hugo chat away happily, she rested her head on his shoulder. "We don't have to go to the park." He whispered, "It'll be nice... it's a nice day." She looked up at him as he kissed her head "Then to the park we shall go." "Park?" Hugo questioned his head jolting to them both, the pair laughing "Well we were thinking of going to the park to have a picnic." Connie smiled, "Yes!" Grace cheered

Hugo and Grace rushed off to the play area giddly, Connie and Jacob found a spot where they could be see, he laid out the blanket, Connie took a seat lying Afia on her back, "I'll go and play with them for a little bit." He smiled, Connie nodded "Don't use them as an excuse for you wanting to play on the park." She smirked, "So what if I do." He narrowed his eyes playfully, she matched his glare before they both burst out laughing, he lowered himself kissing her, "Now be careful." She teased, "Shut up you." He smirked, she laughed watching him walk over to Grace and Hugo. Connie opened her bag getting out the few toys she had brought for Afia setting them down on the blanket. She moved to lie on her back too, the pair shaded from the sun, "You know Fifi." Connie turned her head to the side, looking at her "You need to promise me that you aren't going to grow up too quick." She smiled, picking up one of the toys she handed it to her watching as Afia flung it around, "I take it you're not too keen on that one?" Connie laughed watching as Afia babbled away, loudly.

She sat up looking to the play area seeing the three running around happily, she found in the past few months she'd not been able to stop smiling. She jumped as someone came at sat next to her, "So is this where you camp out instead of your classroom?" Michael questioned, she rolled her eyes "What do you want?" "I was just walking through... Jesus Christ." He exhaled, "I'll have you know I'm in a relationship-" "I care why?" She groaned, "Well I was weird with you and I want to say sorry for that." He looked, she nodded "Okay." "And I'm leaving work." "I guess it's a shame." She looked down to Afia who was biting her toy, she rummaged through her bag giving her a dummy. "Which leads me on to my next point." He smiled looking at her, "Which is?" "Someone needs to take my place-" "No, I have Afia to look after, Grace, Hugo even." She stated, "You haven't heard me out." He smiled, "Go on." She mumbled, "One simply cannot refuse this offer." He stated, "We all know on maternity leave your pay goes down-" "Michael just get to the point." She groaned, "Well if you come back in September... take my old job you're going to be paid full pay and more than what you earn now-" "So? I'm not just ditching my daughter off with someone-" "Let me get to that." He mumbled, "See Jeremy is quite desperate and I may have pulled some strings that if you decide to come back you can bring... bring, I don't know her name, but the baby to work with you." "Oh yeah that's going to work a screaming child and a class full of teenagers... a room full of teenagers while I breastfeed, yeah where do I sign." She snapped sarcastically, "Well seems you didn't have an issue that one time-" "They were watching a film." She mumbled "Just think about it... not many employers would allow that."

Jacob walked over seeing Michael stand up, "Congratulations by the way." He smiled kindly, she frowned "on what?" "The ring, I just assumed you were engaged." "Oh right... yeah we are, last night." She stated not knowing if he was being genuine. "I really hope you think about it Connie, you're a brilliant teacher and a lot of the kids were missing you... especially one in particular." He smirked, she laughed gently "I will." He nodded walking off bumping into Jacob "Sorry." "What did you want with her?" He asked harshly, "We were just talking about work and- she'll tell you, Congratulations on the engagement and your results... some of the best in the year... you should be proud." He smiled before quickly leaving.

Jacob sat down "What did he want?" He asked, "He had a proposal for me." She smiled, he raised a brow "It must be good if it's brought a smile to your face." He teased, she swatted his chest causing him to laugh, "Well one bit of news is he's leaving." "Are you serious?" Jacob grinned "Yeah." She smiled, "When you think the past two days couldn't get any better." She laughed as he kissed her delicately, "So what was his proposal?" "I take his old job." She looked, he nodded gently "And do you want to?" "No because then I wouldn't spend time with Afia... but then he said something else that might be pushing me towards yes." Jacob raised a brow "He said Jeremy is desperate and Michael told me if I were to agree to come back, Jeremy has said Afia will be able to come with me." Jacob nodded smiling, "It would be nice to have my favourite teacher back... with my favourite baby." "Yeah... Michael said people were missing me especially you." He laughed kissing her, "I think you should do what you want... I'm not going to complain either way." He smiled, she nodded "I take it they are struggling to find us both a replacement-" "Yeah because nobody could replace you." He smiled, "Fine, to fill in for me." She lifted Afia up, "What do you say baby? Fancy coming to big, big, big school?" She cooed, Jacob smiled kissing Connie's temple, "I'm starving." He mumbled, "Go and get Hugo and Grace and we can eat." He nodded grinning, leaping up and calling Grace and Hugo. The four eating, chatting and laughing all the way through the picnic.