Chapter 125

AN: Sorry I haven't updated, but it's coming up to my Drama exam and I'm spending most my time at school and I'm so tired. Thing's should get back on track after a week tomorrow 

She sat on the sand happily, holding Afia up as the others played near the water. "You'd like to live here wouldn't you baby?" Connie smiled, watching as she stepped closer. Connie carefully placed her down on her knee, "Can you see Daddy?" She smiled kissing her head. "What do you want Fifi? A brother or a sister?" Connie laughed gently, "I don't think you really care do you?" Connie stated.

She smiled warmly as Jacob came and sat next to her, "How are you beautiful?" He questioned, "I'm good." She smiled, he lifted Afia in the air "And how's my Fifi?" He cooed as she giggled loudly, "I'd laugh if she was sick." Connie smirked, he shook his head laughing as he placed her down "Love you too Connie." She kissed his cheek, "Good." She smirked, Grace skipped over, breathless. "Mummy." She looked smiling, "Yes Baby." Connie smiled, "I'm hungry." She stated, sitting down, in between her mother and Jacob. "Alright, I'll go and get Lucas and Hugo, we can go for some lunch." Jacob smiled. Grace leaned into her mothers side, smiling at her sister. "Mummy?" "Yes?" "Do you think Daddy will ever come back from America?" "Maybe one day." Connie smiled sadly, "He missed my birthday this year... again." Grace exhaled, "I know, but he does love you baby." Grace nodded, looking up at Connie "But not as much as you love me?" "Course he does." Connie smiled kissing her head, "Jacob loves me more than he does." "We all love you the same." "Okay." she nodded, hugging her mother tightly.

Once they'd eaten they strolled around the town, Connie lying her head on Jacob's shoulder. "You okay Beautiful?" he asked quietly, pushing the pram. Lucas walking ahead with Grace and Hugo, "I'm just feeling tired." she laughed gently, "Well how about we go back and you have a nap?" "No, we came to enjoy ourselves-" "And we are." "Sorry." she whispered, "Con, this is a break away... and you never stop, like ever. So maybe you should." "You don't ever stop either." "Yeah, well I don't teach, look after a baby, then look after children, mark, keep me happy and carry a child do I?" "You do some-" "Shh, Come on, we can get a taxi back." she nodded feeling to tired to argue.

"Mummy, please!" Hugo begged, "Monkey, Mummy is tired, come on we can watch the film." Jacob smiled warmly, "But I want Mummy too." Hugo protested, Connie dropped to his level, "I wouldn't be much fun baby, I'll watch with you tomorrow okay?" He wrapped his arms around her tightly, tighter that Connie had expected. "Hugo?" she frowned as she felt her shirt become damp. He shook his head, "What's wrong?" she asked softly running her fingers through his hair. Taking a step back, he took her hand, guiding her too where Jacob and Connie slept. "Is he okay?" Lucas asked, "Yeah. I'm sure he's fine." Jacob smiled, as Grace erupted from the room, with a quilt, "I got this!" she giggled, Lucas coming to help her with it, Jacob laughing.

They lay facing each other on the bed, "You going to tell me? We never keep secrets." she spoke softly, "You called me baby... you only ever call Afia or Grace that." he whispered, "Hugo... I didn't mean to upset you-" "You didn't... You made me happy." he smiled, She held him tightly, "You make me happy all the time!" he smiled as she kissed his head, "Can I stay with you? I don't want to watch a film... I'm a little tired." "Course you can." she smiled as he hugged her tighter. She lay awake, watching him fall asleep, trying to flick her mind back to a time without him, but struggling more than she had imagined, she kissed his head once more before finally drifting off herself, the others watching a film.