Chapter 102

He sat down at his mothers grave, sitting Afia on his knee, "Mum meet Afia, Afia meet Nana." He smiled kissing his daughters head through her little curls. "Sorry I've not been for a while... It's just things have been so busy." He uttered continuing to talk, Connie watching from a far. After a while he waved his hand, signalling for her to come over.

She carefully sat now next to him, he moved an arm around her sighing heavily. "If I still get this upset, what must it be like for Hugo?" He questioned sadly, she shrugged kissing his cheek. "He thinks of it differently... His mum isn't dead, she's sleeping." Connie exhaled, he hummed kissing her head. "You okay?" He nodded "It hurts... it always hurts but I'm alright." He smiled, she lay her head on his shoulder, "Her hair is getting curler." He he commented as she ran her fingers through their daughters hair, she nodded "Hers is probably longer than mine now." She laughed gently, he smiled "Tell me you stop feeling this shit." He whispered, she looked at him sadly "Jacob... It gets easier, but... but you're always going to feel this bad whenever you come here, it's just how it is." She smiled gently, he nodded slowly.

They sat there for a few minutes, when they heard shouting. "Lucas!" Jacob's father yelled as Lucas ran over. "You lied to me! You didn't tell me! You said mum was sick! Not dying!" Lucas screamed, Jacob sighed rubbing his forehead "Lucas... I wanted to tell you but I promised mum-" "What happened to no secrets?" He asked, the hurt on his face evident, "Lucas... just come and we can talk-" "No! You lied, you lied to me!" He yelled, only then did Lucas notice the baby on Jacob's lap. "You didn't tell me that either." He whispered, "Lucas it's complicated... Dad didn't want me to stay in contact-" "Jacob stop lying." His father scoffed "Oh shut up!" Jacob snipped, "Lucas please." Jacob smiled to his younger brother, he thought for a moment nodding. Their father went to follow, Jacob pushing him back "Go home Dad! You've caused enough trouble-" "Well from what I hear, you aren't perfect... 17 and a child." "Shut up you haven't been around, so don't you lecture me. I'm 18 now, just stay away from me, just like the rest of the family can... Grandad's the only real one out the lot of you-" "You ever thought maybe it's you who's got the problem?" He father spat, Connie saw him clench his fist. Connie came back over after putting Afia in the car "Jacob, walk away... talk with your brother." She pleased quietly, "Go on Jacob do as your teacher tells you." His father smirked, "Shut up!" He snapped, "Aw? That strike a nerve... your always going to be her student... younger than her, you think having a daughter with her makes you a grown up. She's always going to treat you like a child." Jacob lunged forwards Connie pulled in his arm "Jacob!" She yelled panicked, he looked at her realising a breath. "Not at your mother's grave... in front of your brother." She looked softly, he pulled his arm away harshly "Stay away from me!" Jacob yelled at his father, storming to the car. "You know, you want to call him a child you're supposed to be the adult... start acting like one." Connie glared, turning on her heel she walked back to the car driving home.

Connie stayed in the living room while they spoke in the kitchen. "Lucas, I wanted to tell you I promise." He looked, "Then why didn't you?" "Mum... she thought she was going to get better for a long time... she didn't want to worry you-" "Jacob I never got to say goodbye... I just got sent to dad's." "Lucas, he promised he'd tell you, I'm sorry you only just found out but that's not my fault." "You should have told me!" "Lucas..." Jacob groaned, "You got to say goodbye... you got to spend time with her, I never did." "Lucas, I'm really sorry." "Do you not even care that Mum died?" "What?" Jacob frowned, "Well you've seemed to make a new life with her." He snapped, "Lucas, her names Connie, don't speak about her like that. Lucas, of course I care, it always upsets me but life can't stop... Mum wouldn't want it to stop." He looked down at the table "Dad and Nana called Connie a slag... What's that?" He questioned, Jacob clenched his Jaw "Lucas don't say that... ignore them, all you need to know is that's a horrible thing to call someone and regardless of why they are saying it you don't ever call that someone ever, promise?" Lucas nodded slowly "Is that baby your baby?" Jacob smiled with a nod "Dad said it probably wasn't yours-" "Ignore him Lucas... he says things that aren't true." Jacob sighed, Lucas nodded "I'm sorry for yelling at you." "It's okay, I understand." He smiled gently.

They went into the living room, Connie nowhere to be seen, "Where have they gone?" Jacob looked at the time, "She had to and pick up her other children from a party." "How many children does she have?" Lucas looked "Two, but Hugo he's adopted." Lucas nodded, "Mum knew I loved her right?" "Course she did... she loved you lots too." He smiled, "I miss you Jacob." Lucas sighed, "Call me anytime Lucas." He smiled gently, Lucas nodded.

Connie soon came back, a lot of chatter entering the house. "And it was so big!" Grace exclaimed walking into the living room, "Wow, that's nice." Connie smiled placing her keys down, "I was so nice but Ellie fell and cried for ages." Grace chatted, Hugo just came in and sat next to Jacob "You okay Monkey?" He questioned, watching as Hugo rested his head on his hand "Grace is giving me a headache." He groaned, "That's mean!" Grace frowned, "But you are giving me a headache... you never stop talking." "Alright, Alright." Connie looked at them, "Hugo why don't you go for a lie down upstairs-" "I'm not tired." He protested, "Well play in your room then, Grace leave him alone." "I'm don't want her to leave me alone I want her to stop talking so much." "Stop being mean!" Grace yelled stamping her feet and crossing her arms, "Stop yelling!" Hugo yelled back. "Right the pair of you, to your rooms, only come out when you're both in better moods-" "I'm not in a mood." Grace frowned, "I don't want a discussion, up." She looked sternly, the pair storming upstairs, "It all your fault." Grace frowned "You wouldn't shut up and you yelled." Hugo defended himself "You yelled too!" "Grace, Hugo I don't care who's fault it was, go to your rooms." Connie commented loud enough for them to hear, continuing up the stairs sulking.

"Everything okay?" Jacob questioned, she looked at him smiling "Yeah, course." "Sweetcheeks, come here." He smiled, she came over "Hmm?" He cupped her cheeks kissing her gently, "You sure?" "Yeah... it's just stressful, I've got marking and Grace and Hugo and-" "Breath." He smiled, "Sorry." She smiled, "Go do your marking." "Everything sorted?" She asked gently, he nodded "Yeah." She kissed him gently, "I love you." She smiled, "I love you too." He smiled, he looked to his brother "And that's how it's done Lucas." Jacob winked, "I heard that Mr.Masters." "You were supposed to Miss.Chase." He laughed

"Can I hold her?" Lucas asked, looking at his niece. "Yeah, course." Jacob smiled "Careful with her." He commented as he handed her to him, "She's so small." Jacob chuckled, "She use to be even smaller." He smiled, going in his wallet and showing him a picture. "What's her name?" "Afia... but we all just call her Fifi." "She's pretty." Lucas smiled, he nodded smiling "Uncle Lucas, how does that sound?" Jacob grinned looking at him, "I like it." He laughed, "Lucas, you're welcome anytime." Jacob commented and he nodded gently.

Meanwhile, Hugo crept out his room and went in to Grace's. "What do you want?" She snipped, he quietly sat on the bed with her "I'm sorry... I was being nasty." "I'm sorry too." She looked, he smiled hugging her, she hugged him back "Everyone argues sometimes." Grace smiled, he nodded agreeing "Can we play now?" He asked, "Yeah!" She cheered.

Late that night Connie curled up into Jacob sleepily, "You alright?" She asked gently, he hummed "Yeah... I'm glad to have sorted it with Lucas." She hummed "Jacob... I don't want you to think that I think of you as my student because I don't... I struggle to think of you like that. You're my friend, my fiancée." She smiled gently, "I know you don't, it's been a long day, we need sleep." He smiled claiming her lips lovingly.