Chapter 5

Connie simply wore some jeans and a white blouse, finished with her signature heels and curled hair. Although she looked a far cry from her work clothes. Grace had demanded she wore her belle dress up dress, leaving Connie stressed even more. She sighed checking the house was locked up, Grace peered around the banister watching her mother rush around. "Mummy." She called, "Yes Sweetheart." Connie looked grabbing her bag and keys, "You okay?" Connie nodded with a smile "Yeah... Now hop it before we are late." Grace giggled and skipped out holding her toy wand.

The drive to Jacob's was filled with small chatter between the pair, she pulled up outside the address he had given her that day. Pulling down the mirror, she checked over how she looked before getting out and helping Grace. They walked up the steps, Connie knocking quietly. "One second!" Jacob yelled, "Lucas... your top, it's on back to front." Jacob sighed making his way to the door, "And?" Lucas frowned, "Sort it out." Jacob sighed opening the door slowly, "Why?" "Lucas! Do it... Mum will be down soon." "Oh and as if she cares." Lucas laughed, Jacob lifted the ball that was next to the door throwing it at his head, "Ow! I'm telling mum." Lucas yelled, "Lucas she's getting ready, leave her." "Say sorry!" Jacob rolled his eyes turning to face Connie, a smile broke on his lips seeing her. "Good afternoon, Miss." Grace looked up and giggled "You're the boy from the park." Connie looked down to her smiling a little "Shush you." Grace smiled and cuddled her legs. "Good afternoon, Jacob." She smiled, "Come through." He added.

Lucas stood in the kitchen watching as they walked in, Jacob went over "Behave." "Why?" "Because she's my teacher." Jacob looked before going off into the living room, Both Connie and Grace following. Connie took a seat, sitting Grace upon her knee. "I like your dress." Jacob smiled as he sat on the armchair, Grace smiled a little. "She was adamant she had to wear her Belle dress." Connie looked, Jacob nodded "What's that?" Connie shook her head with a smile, sighing. "A princess... Disney?" "Oh yeah... I knew that." He smirked as Lucas came in throwing the toy gun at him, "Jacob... you promised." Lucas pouted, Jacob sighed "Not tonight bud... Tomorrow?" He rolled his eyes "You always lie... You're just like dad." He spat angrily before rushing upstairs, Connie shifted awkwardly "Jacob we could always do this another day, honestly it's not a problem." Jacob shook his head, "No, it's fine honestly." He smiled weakly, Lucas came back down, "Mum wants you." "Lucas, I'll play later." Jacob looked "Mum wants you!" Jacob got up and quickly went up.

He looked at his mother who sat on the edge of the bed "Jacob... I'm too tired." Elizabeth uttered, Jacob nodded "Hey... Mum, it's fine, need help?" He looked, she nodded "I'm so sorry Jacob." "Mum... Shush, I said it's fine." He stood up and helped her change and get back into bed "Comfy?" He smiled, he nodded taking his hand, "You're a good boy Jacob." She breathed, he smiled "You need your new meds." She shook her head "They make me feel funny." "Alright... I'll be downstairs if you need me." She nodded "Tell that teacher, I'm sorry." He kissed her head gently "Get some rest mum." He uttered before shutting the door quietly going back down.

"Um... My mum she's not feeling too good, she said she's sorry." She shook her head standing up, "It's fine, honestly." He nodded looking to her as they stood quietly. "I mean... Well, Um you could always stay for dinner? You're here now anyway." He smiled hopeful. She thought for a moment "Hm... I suppose." He smiled "I was going to cook... but we could always order pizza?" He suggested "I don't mind honestly." "Pizza!" Grace giggled "It's my Mummy's favourite." She added as Lucas came back in, "I'm sorry." He looked, Jacob nodded "Sorry about what?" He smiled, Lucas smiled and hugged him before sitting on the sofa. "Lucas, why don't you play with Grace?" He nodded and moved as they began to talk.

"Miss, you gotta help a man out, I can't pick by myself." He smiled, she rolled her eyes following him into the kitchen "I thought I told you my name so you'd call it me?" He laughed, "Well... yeah but other reasons too." "Like what?" She frowned, he shrugged "Nothing." He smiled, looking at her before grabbing the menu, she pulled it from his hands "Spill." He smirked "It's nothing... Connie." "You know, you're pretty confident for a person who has one of their teachers in their kitchen." "That so?" She hummed "Been in this situation before?" He teased "Well no-" "So how would you know Sweetcheeks?" He smikred, she pushed her tongue to her cheek "Mis-" "Nope... we aren't on site, you're in my house, Connie." "Stop it." She glared, "Stop what?" "Saying my name like that.... there's no need to say it." "I think it's a nice name." He grinned, "Remind me why I agreed to this." He laughed, she smiled effortlessly as he took the menu back, she tried to reach for it but failed miserably, "How small are you?" He chuckled, "Jacob Masters." She glared, "Well you look pretty small." "Just order the food."

"Maybe I will... Maybe I won't." He smirked, placing the menu on the side. Her breath caught in her throat as he stepped forward towards her. Their eyes didn't leave one another as he moved an arm round her waist, pulling her close. She cupped his cheeks before she felt his lips upon hers, his tongue begging for entry as it ran across her lip, lifting her up he carefully placed her on the side. Her hands slipping around his neck finally allowing access. That was until reality hit her, she pulled back, removing her arms. "Jacob... We can't-I can't... This shouldn't." She stammered as thoughts rushed around her head, her face red. "Why?" He exhaled, "You're my teacher? So what? Don't tell me you didn't enjoy that..." She turned her head to the window "That's not the point." "Look forget it happened... Save the lecture for another day. Just eat pizza." She bit her lip "Jacob... I can't just forget it, I'm not going to lecture you-" "Well we can talk another day." She looked at him running her hands over her face she sighed. "I'm an idiot." He shook his head, " I knew coming here would be a bad idea... It's made things even more complicated." She breathed heavily, "I'll give you space-" she shook her head "It's not space I need... I need to shake these feelings, it's wrong." He shrugged, "So let it be wrong." He breathed edging forwards again. She watched him, the urge to kiss him flooding back "Order the food." She breathed, he placed his hands on her hips firmly "Admit it... You want to see where this goes." "I can't... This could go horribly wrong." He shrugged "See if I care, I want to see where this goes Connie and you know deep down you do." Without a single word she pressed her lips to his hungrily, the pair savouring the moment, she pulled back again "Order... I'm staving." She groaned getting down.