Chapter 21

She stood at the airport, sharing a quick embrace with Sam, "Take care of yourself, yeah." She spoke, he nodded "You too." He smiled pulling back, Connie noticing how the woman who was accompanying him, glared. Sam knelt down, opening his arms wide, to which Grace ran into. "I'll miss you Daddy." She whispered, "I'll miss you the whole world... I'll call as much as I can okay?" She nodded, her tiny hand brushing away the little tear that slipped out. "I love you so much, don't you forget that." She nodded "I won't, I promise... I love you too." Standing back up, Grace came over to Connie who lifted her up, watching him walk away.

Grace cluched her Simba teddy as Connie drove, "How about we get milkshakes?" Connie smiled trying to cheer her up, she shook her head "No." "We could go to the cinema?" "I'm want to go home." She looked, Connie nodded. Pulling up outside her phone rang, Grace passed it over so she could answer.
"Morning Sweetcheeks."
"Morning."
"Everything okay?" He asked concerned by the tone in her voice,
"Yeah, I'm okay, you?"
He hummed "Course I am... fancy coming round?"
"Grace is with me-"
"So, we went over this."
"Let me finish, Grace is with me and she just wants to go home."
"Oh shit, her dad left today didn't he?"
She hummed "Yeah... I'll see if she wants too."
"Con, I love you."
"I love you too."
"How about we go to Jacob's?" Connie looked after hanging up, she thought about it for a moment, she nodded "Jacob gives good hugs." She added quietly, Connie smiled a little, "Daddy will be back soon, he promised to call later when he can." "I know." She smiled a little, Connie leaned over and kissed her head "He loves you very much, just like I do." "I love you to Mummy."

Debbie was the one to answer the door, she smiled gently "He's just gone to the shop... Come through." She looked, Grace held her hand as they went into the living room. "Connie this is Fred, my husband and Fred, Connie, Jacob's girlfriend." Debbie introduced, "Hello." Connie smiled as she took a seat, Grace instantly sitting on her knee, Burying her head in Connie's chest. "Well aren't you a stunner." Fred looked, Connie smiled not knowing how to reply, "Fred. You'll scare the poor woman away." Debbie chuckled. "I was just saying." He looked. "Is this your little girl?" Debbie questioned, Connie nodded "Gracie, you going to say hello?" She shook her head little, "You're not shy." Connie spoke poking her ribs, making her giggle a little. Grace peeped "It's Jacob's Gran and Grandad." Connie whispered, she waved a little. "Would you like a drink? Or a biscuit?" Grace shook her head, "What do we say?" Connie looked, "No, thank you." She looked smiling a little. "You sure?" Debbie smiled, she nodded. "I like your teddy." Fred smiled, "It's Simba." She spoke quietly, he nodded. "She's not usually this quiet." Connie laughed and she cuddled back into her, Connie playing with her hair, "Daddy went away didn't he?" She spoke, Grace nodded wiping her eye again, before seeing Jacob out the window. He came in "I'm back, shop was packed... If Connie arrives shout me or tell her I'm upstairs." He called from the hall, Grace climbed off Connie's knee and raced over to him. Notcing her, he placed the bag down lifting her up "Hello Firecracker." He chuckled, she smiled and hugged him. Both Debbie and Fred smiling, "I think that's your que to leave us." Debbie whispered, Connie smiled and nodded standing up.

Once in his room, he shut the door placing the bag on his desk and Grace on his bed, to which she lay back on. "Miss.Chase." "Mr.Masters." He laughed before kissing her, "How has your morning been?" She asked, he nodded "Good... She doesn't seem herself." Jacob spoke quietly, she shook her head "No, she's just upset." Connie smiled sadly, "She's a kid, they bounce back." He spoke kissing her head, she nodded hugging him. "Anyway, apparently you give good cuddles." She smiled, he looked over to Grace smiling "Is that true Firecracker?" She nodded slowly, "I guess that means you need cuddles?" She looked with a small smile. He moved to lie on the bed, hugging her, after turning the tv on. Connie smiled, removing her coat and shoes she came to lie with them, "I love you." She whispered, "I love you too." He whispered back, kissing her head gently. Neither one of them noticed sleep takeover all three of them.

Fred came into his room without thinking, a smile grew on his face seeing them all cuddled up asleep. He came back down, standing at the bottom step. "Debs." He called, he looked up "Yeah?" "Get the camera and come look at this." She raised a brow before getting it out the draw and following him back to Jacob's room, "Oh they do look cute." She whispered, Fred nodded "It's a shame they can't go out in public." Debbie nodded snapping a quick picture, "Yeah... right let's leave'em B." She smiled, Fred firmly shutting the door behind himself.